IGNORED

Where can one get an RF demodulator?

bobotech

Try THIS!!!

It'll work with all modern HDTVs with HDMI jacks, while true it won't give you a stunning 4K UHD-quality picture IT WILL allow you to use your classic Atari systems on ANY HDTV, even the 4K and 8K UHDTVs on the market, provided they have HDMI jacks. There's also a plug adapter (RCA-to-PAL antenna plug adapter) you're gonna need to go along with it. Pretty damn good for the $$$ you'll be spending on it, but watch the video below and click the description on it to fnd out more info on how to score both it and that plug adapter you're gonna need for it. :) FINALLY..... 4K (4 kilobits) of memory meets 4K (4,000 pixels/sq. inch) UHD TVs!!! A marriage made in Atari Heaven!!!

Edited by BIGHMW

RF to HDMI? No thanks. Sounds like lag city. Also I try to avoid straight from China products at all costs these days - my experience is they're terribly made compared to yesteryear. Btw, you mentioned HDTVSupply.com, it's $125 on there. Total ripoff. Neat concept, but I'll pass.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

RF to HDMI? No thanks. Sounds like lag city. Also I try to avoid straight from China products at all costs these days - my experience is they're terribly made compared to yesteryear. Btw, you mentioned HDTVSupply.com, it's $125 on there. Total ripoff. Neat concept, but I'll pass.

There's no significant lag on it at all to really worry about, as I own one (and swear by it for my systems), but as for the $125.00 price tag, yes THAT IS a ripoff, considering that when I first filmed that video and put up the link to HDTVSupply.com it was only $79.00 at that time, but it seems like my video, the first to bring an American perspective for this specific device (other videos on it in the past seem to come from either Europe from YouTube user ID: hirudov or from Japan) has seemed to have the most impact on sales, and that's probably why the spike in the price on it. Hey even the guys at Unknown Data Entry (check out their YouTube channel it's great), in which covers mostly Nintendo and PS1, PS3, and PS5 games, they thanked me personally for inspiring them to get this device too for use with their 2600.

Edited by BIGHMW

@BIGHMW, cool, glad you've found success with it. Seems like a lot of menus and such to deal with, but to each their own. A device like this with more polish and not straight from China would be nice. I still think the 1990s cable box/TV tuner method is a winner, so long as your TV has composite inputs, which I get not all have these days.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sixersfan105 said:

@BIGHMW, cool, glad you've found success with it. Seems like a lot of menus and such to deal with, but to each their own. A device like this with more polish and not straight from China would be nice. I still think the 1990s cable box/TV tuner method is a winner, so long as your TV has composite inputs, which I get not all have these days.

Agreed, there should be more companies getting onboard with the spiking/increasing vintage gaming craze that has been going on for the past several years. I'm surprised that I don't see any such devices at Best Buy or other stereo/video electronic chains like it, especially with vintage gaming at an all-time fever pitch like it is now, thanks in most part, by this very same website and others like AtariAge that we here use everyday.

• Like 1