IGNORED

Vic-20 MegaCart orders

If you have not already I suggest posing the question on the Denial Forums as they seem to be the officially associated forums:

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2037&highlight=mega

I do recall a while back many people asking about back orders etc.

• 5 months later...

I ordered one on Feb 14. I received an email on March 9th stating that I was in "the queue" and that my order would be ready for shipping in 10 to 12 weeks, at which time I would be asked for payment.

YMMV.

I think it's taking longer than that. I was told in mid December that I was in an 8-week queue, and haven't heard from them since.

I ordered one on Feb 14. I received an email on March 9th stating that I was in "the queue" and that my order would be ready for shipping in 10 to 12 weeks, at which time I would be asked for payment.

YMMV.

I think it's taking longer than that. I was told in mid December that I was in an 8-week queue, and haven't heard from them since.

Same deal here, but I was told NOV 9th (2011) the same thing and haven't heard anything yet.

In March 2010 I signed up and received the confirmation. In August 2010 I received another email saying it would be ready in 4 weeks. In April 2011 I received another email stating that I was in the top 20 of the queue and would be billed when the cart shipped. By that time I no longer had a VIC-20, so I cancelled the order.

• 6 months later...

Mine was ordered on 10/23/11 and ready to ship 10/11/12.

I had one before, but I sold it in frustration, when a faulty power supply took out all my C= computers. Then I realized my mistake (missed it!) and wanted it back, but my buyer didn't want to sell it back to me!

Replacement VICs are cheap on Ebay.

I had mine shipped to my folks' house, and I'm pretty sure it's waiting for me now.

You just can't get in a hurry for one. This is really a hobby project. It's not exactly cheap, and not available quickly. So it takes time and money. But it's so incredible, it is worth it!

May I ask what general ballpark you all paid for shipping? I'm assuming it comes from Canada, but not sure what shipping will cost

Mine was $12.00CAD for shipping. The seller wants to be paid in CAD funds. I think the dollars are about on par as of right now, but then there was a stupid Paypal "conversion fee" that was a little extra.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

LOL! "I got a bad feeling about this"

I went on their site last week and THINK I placed and order... I haven't received any email confirmation yet though... maybe in 2015. LOL!

I sent them an email to see if they have me on record... still waiting for a reply.

Has anyone else tried ordering one of these this year? 2014.

Well, I've ordered TWO of these, at different times.

The first time, I was using VIC-20 and C64 that had the same round DIN power supply. That way, I could swap systems with minimal effort. The C64 power supply went out, and took out the C64 **AND** the VIC, because I didn't pay enough attention to it. I got discouraged, trashed it all, and decided I was done with Commodore. I sold my Megacart to someone on this forum and I sold my 1541 Ultimate for C64.

Then, I missed all the Commodore fun. I bought another VIC, another 64, and I ordered a 1541 Ultimate 2 and another Mega-cart. ***I also got some alternative power supplies this time and so far, all is well.***

The first Mega-cart took about 9 months. The second took about a year. That's how long it takes; it's a labour of love for this fellow, and it really is worth it. You just have to wait, but you will be attended to. This just isn't something you can purchase off the shelf at Walmart. But oh, how it's worth the wait!!!

Yeah, I get it's a side project for the guy, and I get that it can take well over a year. I was just wondering if the guy acknowledges peoples orders with emails. Considering the site says this:

"You will be provided with an order confirmation email
in about 2 workings days after your order is placed."

Since I ordered this well over 2 working days ago and still haven't received an email, I saw no harm is inquiring about it. If I gave you the impression that I want everything yesterday and need instant gratification, I apologize. ;)

Since reacquiring a VIC-20 last year, I re-ordered the MegaCart on April 3, 2013. In April 2014 the seller contacted me to say I was still on the list. Still waiting patiently.

So... if you order a MegaCart, be aware that the current wait is well over a year, at least 15 months and counting.

Just curious, when you made the initial order for the Megacart... did you receive a confirmation email a few days later?

My whole issue is if a person has a website, selling a product... It should not say this...

"Units are currently in production, due order backlog there is about a 10-12 week lead time between order & shipping dates.

You will be provided with an order confirmation email in about 2 workings days after your order is placed."
... when it's clearly not true.

No money is taken until the product is ready for shipment. Unlike many other homebrew projects when money is paid and products still haven't shipped in 1, 2, 3, 4, even 5 years or more. Or Kickstarter projects that took startup money and still haven't released anything 2x after the announced date.

Yes, the website should be updated. If the website stated that it took 1-2 years to get a MegaCart, people might be less frustrated. However, it's a great product and from what I hear is well worth the wait.

LOL! ok... one more time.

When you made the initial order for the Megacart... did you receive a confirmation email a few days later?

As stated previously, I received a reply when my initial order for the MegaCart was made. That was in 2010, so I don't remember how many days it was between the order and confirmation.

My second order was made in April 2013. I received a confirmation email, but because it was in April 2013 (over a year ago) I don't remember how many days passed between the order and the confirmation email.

I found my order verification for the MegaCart. The order was placed on April 3, 2013 and the verification received on April 17, 2013... so it was 2 weeks between the order and verification. I have no idea if that's normal or if the delay is shorter or longer these days ;)

The maker of the Megacart just replied to an email I sent him a few days ago, inquiring about my order. He was very nice and explained that he's pretty busy and it sometimes takes him a while to catch up on emails... and I totally get that and understand. :) Just glad to see that he has INFACT received my order.... now we wait? :)