IGNORED

Vic-20 MegaCart orders

No money is taken until the product is ready for shipment. Unlike many other homebrew projects when money is paid and products still haven't shipped in 1, 2, 3, 4, even 5 years or more.

Yes, the website should be updated. If the website stated that it took 1-2 years to get a MegaCart, people might be less frustrated. However, it's a great product and from what I hear is well worth the wait.

Quite, indeed. He doesn't take money up-front. Never. Sometimes it takes a long time - like up to a year. If one finds this unacceptable, they're free to go elsewhere to purchase a Mega-Cart. Good luck with that. As you've mentioned, the guy is great to deal with, but you just have to wait, or do without. But what is undeniable is that the guy *DOES* deliver, unlike so many other homebrew products that go 4-5 years. That says enough about the integrity of the guy.

The maker of the Megacart just replied to an email I sent him a few days ago, inquiring about my order. He was very nice and explained that he's pretty busy and it sometimes takes him a while to catch up on emails... and I totally get that and understand. :) Just glad to see that he has INFACT received my order.... now we wait? :)

Yup, he acknowledges receipt of order, and it may take a year. I've been through this process twice, over the course of about 3 years, and he is circumspect, but lets you know this is a hobby project. You'll get yours. Don't sell it - like I did - and then wait another year for a replacement. You never know when he'll get tired of this and retire. Same goes with the 1541 Ultimate for the Commodore 64. Order yours now while you can, and then wait. Both are worth it and may never be available again!

• 6 months later...

Nope, haven't heard about my order, either:

I re-ordered the MegaCart on April 3, 2013. In April 2014 the seller contacted me to say I was still on the list.

So it's now 22 months and counting :D

But at least he doesn't take money until a batch is ready to ship.

I'm thinking about selling my Vic-20 with my Megacart. It's really cool and all, but I never play it. What would something like that go for?

Too bad, there is a lot of fun with a VIC-20.

However I suppose given the delivery time, a used Megacart is worth as much as a brand new one, which should put your system at $130 and upwards, depending what other peripherals or programs you have to go with it.

Not yet, but I haven't paid either. Last email was 10/13/2014 and he did say it could be 3-4 months.

Yeah, my last email from him is from 10/13/2014 also... but he told me it would be a few more weeks, not months. LOL!

• 3 weeks later...