IGNORED

Mule, Alternate Reality, Choplifter, Archon and others on iOS

Fletch

Grabbed Alternate Reality - The City for ipad this morning. Works fine and is worth having for any AR fans. It's just a shame that they didn't port the Atari version of the game, which is definitely superior to the commodore version they used (judging by the credits)......the graphics are not as colorful as Atari, the music in the taverns,etc are the same tunes, but don't sound as nice, and the long intro with music is missing (after the ship beams people up, quick credits for philip price and gary gilbertson, & the commodore conversion guys pop up, and then you're standing at the gateway to the city with the stats spinning on top). Oh well, like I said, it's worth 99 cents just to be able to play it on ipad/iphone.

This means that either they managed to find Phillip Price, or they are selling it illegaly. I wonder which one it is (my bet is on the second alternative, right now).

The ios game comes with a lengthy "history" page talking about the game. It also says on there that this is a "licensed version of the classic game", so I guess they did contact philip price (or whatever company currently holds the rights to the c64 version).

btw, the best thing about this version in my own opinion is the cheat function where you can start a new character with maxed out stats.