IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

Maybe i can answer some questions:

the price is that high because of a) the box, b) the game is 32k Sitz 16k RAM requireing special hardware, c) license fees and d) Therese is the joint work of two Main programmers over many, many years in it.

licensing a game is not something easily done (all credits go to Andrew Here) the 250 carts are Part of it. so chances for more copies are unclear.

this is only an announcement., not a reservelist. but we are very interested to find out the Dekane.

I'm thrilled to hear that "Boulder Dash" will finally be seeing a release. I know that this isn't a reserve list, but I wanted to express my support, and I'll be more than happy to shell out $75 for this one when the time comes.

Back in the mid-to-late 1980s, "Boulder Dash" was a big hit in my household; both my mom and I played it incessantly on our old Apple IIe, and often would brag to each other about which levels we'd reached. She passed away back in 2007, so this game strikes a particularly sentimental chord with me. To finally be able to obtain a copy of the game on my favourite home video platform would be a really big deal... so I'm hoping I don't miss the boat when the game becomes available for preordering.

Thank you very much for all the hard work that's gone into this!

It's a shame the title music uses the glacial PAL tempo instead of the correct NTSC tempo. Such an easy thing to fix too.:

Probably because that is how Andrew and I remember it. We are borh from PAL land, you know. But I think it could be easily fixed for PAL mode.

• Like 2

It's a shame the title music uses the glacial PAL tempo instead of the correct NTSC tempo. Such an easy thing to fix too.

It's also a shame in the 9 years you've posted here, you've only posted like 5 positive comments when commenting on something.

Can anyone confirm if this title will be available for Christmas? In addition to an awesome title....this would make a great Xmas gift!

• Like 5

Totally aware that this is NOT the pre-order-thread, I'd like to join the panic and state here nonetheless that I'm definitely going to buy one cartridge if only you let me... :)

(sometimes beeing annoying can be better than being left out. i guess...)