IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

After a long fight with german customs, I finally got my copy today. It really looks beautiful. Andrew and Thomas, I am so glad that you were able to bring this to such a good end. Congratualtions ! (And I hope you are taking back the countless curses about me and 3E now ... j/k)

After a long fight with german customs, I finally got my copy today. It really looks beautiful. Andrew and Thomas, I am so glad that you were able to bring this to such a good end. Congratualtions ! (And I hope you are taking back the countless curses about me and 3E now ... j/k)

What happened? German nazi customs?

I have been avoiding this thread until mine arrived just in case someone spoiled the surprise.

I'm very impressed with the packaging manual and extras. My kids wanted to keep the extras for themselves!

The game is excellent. I knew it would be after playing the demo. Well done to Andrew and Thomas, and everyone else involved.

(...) Cause i can only See that my

Leave Us at 27. !

I can't even see when my cart leave US. Well I was one of the last to buy the game so I think Al hasn't sent all copies yet...

I bought mine as soon as i seen it was for sale maybe one day in. Will check the mail today in Canada but so far seems the mail is way faster to europe than north america..mine was sent in the first batch i think. maybe we have nazis here in canada too whatever the hell that means.

Also the tracking deal only shows for in texas only. usually would show depart US enter foreign customs or something like that.

Edited by Jinks

After a long fight with german customs, I finally got my copy today.

I must not forget to remember Al that he identifies mine as a developer copy or so.

It really looks beautiful. Andrew and Thomas, I am so glad that you were able to bring this to such a good end. Congratualtions ! (And I hope you are taking back the countless curses about me and 3E now ... j/k)

Glad you like it. Maybe after playing it, you could write a honest(!) review. Those are the best reward for a progammer like me.

And yes, we have cursed 3E pretty often. But without it, there wouldn't be Boulder Dash for the Atari 2600. Period.

I must not forget to remember Al that he identifies mine as a developer copy or so.

The problem is, if the value can not be seen on the OUTSIDE of the package, then most likely the customs will catch the parcel.

They assume that some big treasure is inside (which is true of course). And of course for that you need to pay a lot of tax! Even

if it is a gift, it must not be worth more than ... i don't remember ... but better keep the value as low as possible. Even if you declare

it as gift, they might not agree on the value you declared. You need some proof of what it is worth, also if it is a gift. You need to pay

tax for gifts that are worth more than ... well i don't remember how much.

The really bad thing is, that you have to drive to the customs, show your passport, pay the tax .... and of course the customs office opening

times are such that you are also supposed to be at work when they are willing to hand over the parcel to you :mad:

All in all a very nice experience.

Edited by Kroko

Tell him to mark it as "Belegexemplare" or "Autorenexemplare".

There should be no problems. It's easy to proof that you are a developer by showing them your ID.

Even if you declare it as gift, they might not agree on the value you declared. You need some proof of what it is worth, also if it is a gift. You need to pay

tax for gifts that are worth more than ... well i don't remember how much.

Germany only:

Actualy you dont need to pay tax for gifts and you dont need to pay tax for items you bought from a private seller. eBay is special because the customs office will treat items from eBay allways als commercialy sold.

You need to pay sometimes for gift marked items because they may not believe that it is a gift. For example if the sender is a business address.

Edited by Thorium

Got mine a week and a half (or so) ago. Thanks guys! Great job.

Love the game!! Hated the bonus items. Seriously. WTF?

Did you forget the "wink" smiley?

:?

"Hate" is a strong reaction in this sense, I think. I thought the bonus items were appropriate( and fit nicely in the box ). The game is what I paid for. The bonus items were just that.. a "bonus" and not required to be provided at all.

I always like the bonus stuff, no matter its quality(and the quality was good in this case)

Though it hasn't previously been announced, there is a bit of meaning behind the small bag of goodies. Each one of the contents represents one of the people who have contributed significantly to the game. One for Thomas, one for me... and 6 others whom I shall not name. So, even if you don't like them, they do have some significance to the package.

Cheers

A

Is there any reason this wouldn't work on a Coleco Gemini (2600 clone)? I just get a black screen.

I have other 2600 consoles so I can still play it but I'm just curious. Is it because of the extra memory?

No idea. We haven't tested it on any clones, it was tough enough to make it work on regular 2600 (incl. the Chinese Jrs). The reasons could be plenty.

I suppose other carts work? Do you have a Harmony cart or any Melody based homebrews to test?

Is there any reason this wouldn't work on a Coleco Gemini (2600 clone)? I just get a black screen.

I have other 2600 consoles so I can still play it but I'm just curious. Is it because of the extra memory?

No idea. We haven't tested it on any clones, it was tough enough to make it work on regular 2600 (incl. the Chinese Jrs). The reasons could be plenty.

I suppose other carts work? Do you have a Harmony cart or any Melody based homebrews to test?

Harmony cart works on it. I've disconnected the Gemini now but I will test some homebrews on it, but none of them are Melody based. I don't use the Gemini often, it is just a collectors item.

Love the game!! Hated the bonus items. Seriously. WTF?

Send the bonus items to me if you don't want them.