IGNORED

Atari 2600 Boulder Dash (R) Announced!

Albert

Lol! Actually, you're now a member of a very exclusive club - the only other sealed games I have are Lucasfilm's 'Labyrinth: The Computer Game' for the C64 on disk, Infocom's 'The Lurking Horror' on 5.25 inch floppy and Cafeman's 'Adventure II' for the 5200 ;)

My copy just landed in work. Only had time to open it and have a quick look, but wow, the quality gone into the packaging is amazing.

Will have to wait till lunchtime to get a good read through the manual. Also loving the extras!

And it will be another eight odd hours before I can actually play it! Damn, that's the downside of getting stuff mailed to work right there...

Thanks dudes!! :)

Argh don't remind me, I used to own a cib Boing! which I purchased for £1, the cart was still in its plastic bag too. Biggest mistake selling off my VCS collection in 2004.

Actually Boing! Is an excellent game and I think it's the first console game to feature an actual screenshot on the front of its box.

Edited by high voltage

Thanks for the photo SpiceWare! I'm not going to be opening mine so it's great to see all the contents :)

Why didn't you tell us before? Would have saved Al a lot of work. ;)

LOL, no kidding. :D

Most of the copies are shipped at this point, and the remainder will go out this week (another 20 or so today). The games have mostly been shipped in the order they were placed.

I accidentally unsubscribed from this thread a few days ago and I was wondering why the heck there were no responses! Glad to see many copies have already arrived and people are enjoying the game. :)

..Al

Just wanted to say congrats to Andrew, Thomas and Albert for this incredible release - I was just showing the videos of Boulder Dash to someone in the office that's never even heard of the 2600 - he's just picked up Deus Ex: Human Revolution cheap from Steam and can't understand why I'm more excited by a 28 year-old game running on a 35 year-old console :D

Glad to see many copies have already arrived and people are enjoying the game. :)

..Al

I like it so far, but I do admit, I haven't tried it yet! I liked the packaging, and artwork, and read a lot of the manual. It has very good info on it.

Will it be online on AA?

Well, I've just had a game and.....my god.

Unbelievable. To play BD on the 2600, so flawlessly, is incredible. Everything is there. From the gameplay to the sound. Absolutely amazing.

And when I died, the save screen? Fuck. Me.

I've been playing the c64 version a lot lately to try and remember and get back used to the levels, and this is just like playing that port. But better. It's on the 2600.

Well done all involved. This is truly an amazing feat in gaming history.

Glad to see many copies have already arrived and people are enjoying the game. :)

..Al

I like it so far, but I do admit, I haven't tried it yet! I liked the packaging, and artwork, and read a lot of the manual. It has very good info on it.

Will it be online on AA?

hope its not sold online at AA as I thought we bought this as a limited release of 250. As a collectors type of deal. Maybe i am wrong..?

...when the last copy is gone, there ain't gonna be no more.

Correct. I cannot imagine approving re-release in any form. This is your one and only chance to get this title.

I think Pioneer4x4 just meant the manual.

Correct, I was wondering if it would be in the AA database including the manual. I think at least the part that chronicles the process of making and getting it approved should be made public.

Correct, I was wondering if it would be in the AA database including the manual. I think at least the part that chronicles the process of making and getting it approved should be made public.

Yes, I have a ton of games to add to the database. I'm working on revamping the backend to make it easier for me (and others!) to do that.

..Al

• Like 1