IGNORED

Mold in the mail

the.golden.ax

I think you should be less of a drama queen, when it comes to auctions that clearly state AS IS.

"L@@K, one turd from Lady Gaga, AS IS!"

You can't just buy that and then complain that it smells like shit.

It's not the AS IS part. It's the little thing called 'mold'. I fully agree with Ax.

• Like 1

I think you should be less of a drama queen, when it comes to auctions that clearly state AS IS.

"L@@K, one turd from Lady Gaga, AS IS!"

You can't just buy that and then complain that it smells like shit.

Except the description of the product can create an express warranty. "As-is" can only waive some implied warranties.

One can not sell an item with "one turd from Lady Gaga, as-is" in the description, when it is in fact a turd from Elton John.

In this case it was explicitly said in the description the items were for parts-only. Saying this expressly means the items are suitable for parts. But bio-hazzard ridden items aren't suitable for parts replacement in a hand-held item.

• Like 2

The wait for resolving issues is always more painful.

Yep, this is going to be three crummy nights in a row, thinking about it. I'd like some closure. Over the past decade I'd bought hundreds of as-is lots. I've dealt with bugs, cigarette smoke, dirty, sticky, broken cords, stuck on crap, missing parts... this is worse. One of those moments I wish the internet had spell-a-vision. They don't LOOK as bad as they smell. The box has been open on my porch for a few days now. You can still smell it several feet away. Rust and corroded boards make these specifically NOT able to be used as parts... parts I bought and paid for to use. I know a few of you think I'm just a queen man bitch with a sandy vagina as yall have so eloquently put it in the past. This is my job, how I support my family. I fix stuff, mod stuff, and sell used items. $150 is a good deal of money to invest with no hope of a return. Some people agree with me on this, others clearly do not. I give a crap if some of you think I'm bringing it on myself by simply existing doing my job and expecting things to work out as they should... I'm required to play by the rules and be honest, so is everyone else. If you think hiding behind a phrase absolves others from blatant wrong doing, I hope I never have to deal with you. Understand me when I say as of post #20 this became more than just misery loving company... I'd be very pleased if someone thinking of doing business with estatesales88 on ebay may find this page when doing a web search in the future, and that results in their thinking twice.

AX

I don't understand why anyone would disagree with you. It must be because the word mold sounds more filthy than harmful(This bread is moldy. Well, throw that filthy bread away.) If instead of opening up that box with mold spores going everywhere including your family's lungs, you opened a letter with mold intentionally in it then someone would be convicted of bio-terrorism. Mold is serious shit. This isn't just dust or dirt. Dust and dirt are dead things. Mold is alive. Mold is in the category of bacteria, viruses, parasites,... You can't just ship people organisms. It's not like someone can say,"Okay, so there was a rattle snake in your Heavy Sixer. It is as is with no returns. I don't see why I had to inform you about the rattle snake. My wife and kids helped me pack it. It didn't bite any of us. I think you are just using the rattle snake as an excuse because you found a cheaper Heavy Sixer"

• Like 2

I feel for you Ax and I hope everything works out well and you get your money back. :)

I think your post is great because it alerts people to be a little more diligent in how they interact with people they are selling to.

Like this halfwit you are dealing with, both his parents and his wifes it seems failed them as they are clearly slovenly themselves and both being adults you would think they would have realized especially with all the media attention over the years that mold is bad in any form.

• Like 1

I've been passed around within the USPS organization thus far. They have confirmed that it isn't allowed to be sent, that the seller was wrong, and that they broke the law. What they can't seem to decide is whom is in charge of taking action against the guy. I've spoken with the postmaster locally, inspectors in Atlanta, Chattanooga, and South Carolina where it was sent from. Everyone says everyone else is responsible for taking the action against the sender. As goofy as it sounds I don't have long distance (yeah, I'm that rural) and the last referral is now long distance. :| So now I'm going to have to try and get a hold of a phone cart or a family member to make the call for me.

AX

Called the inspector and was laughed at... he told me to throw it away. I was urged to make a report to uspis.gov

Meanwhile, eBay denied the second appeal. I called in and asked how they could go back on the word of an agent that APPROVED ME both in text and verbally, and it was sent to a third appeal. Apparently their underwriters that they put you on hold to ask DON'T SPEAK to actual people... so I have to wait for the claim yet again. I've now wasted more than 7 or 8 man hours on this. Maybe I should have just thrown it out and negged the seller. Now I get people who do that. This has all been wrong. The post office not wanting to swab and test it with the bio hazards all over the place and this heightened security world is astonishing.

AX

Maybe I should have just thrown it out and negged the seller. Now I get people who do that.

AX

There's a difference between people who go on a neg rampage and people who neg deservingly. If he cared about his feedback, he would have worked with you regardless of who was right or wrong.

Neg him.

Called the inspector and was laughed at... he told me to throw it away. I was urged to make a report to uspis.gov

Meanwhile, eBay denied the second appeal. I called in and asked how they could go back on the word of an agent that APPROVED ME both in text and verbally, and it was sent to a third appeal. Apparently their underwriters that they put you on hold to ask DON'T SPEAK to actual people... so I have to wait for the claim yet again. I've now wasted more than 7 or 8 man hours on this. Maybe I should have just thrown it out and negged the seller. Now I get people who do that. This has all been wrong. The post office not wanting to swab and test it with the bio hazards all over the place and this heightened security world is astonishing.

AX

AX,

Did you file a dispute through PayPal, as well? (Or, was that the eBay dispute, since PayPal = eBay and eBay = PayPal now?)

I am a bit disturbed that the postal inspector basically didn't seem to care about the use of the USPS to ship hazardous materials, when that is something you have to "sign off on" when you ship a package with them.

And, I have only given 2 or 3 negatives in over 10 years on eBay. Believe me, they were well deserved. This seller definitely deserves one, too.

Wayne

• 3 weeks later...

eBay burned me. Went back on their word. I fought it all the way up to the highest person you can reach by phone. They would not get beyond the decisions made by the underwriters. They did not care that the employee gave me their word and a refund. They did not care that it was illegal to mail or toxic. It said as-is and that was it. So now apparently, have at it (you will get negged) but if you want to sell someone crap on ePay you can get away with it so long as you hide behind those two little words. eBay doesn't honor their word, but they expect you to live by theirs. Brings to mind the old live by the sword, die by the sword phrase. Bad business.

As for the postal inspectors. They all agreed that it was not okay, but NO ONE would take responsibility for the issue. The box was taped up and stuck in my shed as is. I've paid $150 for it. I guess it's mine now and I'm not using it for the moment. Not sure if/when I will but I'll just store it I guess.

AX

That sucks. My hatred for ebay has been growing along with their increased bullshit for a number of years now, but this really takes the cake. Sorry justice was not served for you Ax. Oh yeah, I haven't trusted the USPS in quite awhile either, so this is yet another strike in my book for them as well.

That's tough AX i feel for you, i have been a seller and buyer on ebay since 1997 and the last few years as a part time seller (use to be full time in the good days of ebay) have been hell, and being much more of a buyer over the last year or 2 has not been any better, especially with sellers who list optical disc games, DVDs etc as "Like New" and come to me trashed and half the time with no manual, amazing how stupid (or just criminal) some people are. $150 shot would piss me off to no end, sellers like this need to get booted from ebay, but we both know that ain't gonna happen. try soaking the stuff in a bucket of alcohol then try to salvage some parts, at this point nothing to loose i guess.