IGNORED

Back up and running

Pengwin

Hi all.

After an extended absence from the A8 scene, I have finally got my trusty 800XL back in its pride of place, on my desk.

This means that I am also back playing and having fun with a lot of old software. :)

I do however, have a question for you all. I have been playing around with various dev tools (cc65, kyan pascal, Basic XL, etc.), but I would like to get to know The Slave (by Gregory Software) a little better (I know Adventure Writer is supposed to be better, but I'm a masochist).

Does anyone have a copy of the manual for The Slave that they could scan?

My new, if somewhat minimal, setup.

No disk drive, tape drive, etc. Using my Mac with SIO2OSX.

I had forgotten how nice the 800XL keyboard is, and after using my USB Competition Pro for the last few years, my original Atari joystick is a delight.

2011-10-26%2B14.58.14.jpg

What a fabulous setup. The Atari and the iMac do match perfectly together.

Greetz from Holland!

Marius.

It is a cool setup, unfortunately, I am having trouble getting Star Raiders and Pac-Man working correctly. I guess I'll have to get the cartridges for them.

@Pengwin

No you won't need those. I run those games perfect from SIO too. You might have corrupted files?

Are you familiar with the gamedos called "MyPicoDos"? That one will load and run almost any binary (not rom!) file.

If you need any assistance let us know! I'm sure there are more people here ready to help :D

Greetz

Marius

Hi Marius, I am using the disk sets created by someone on these forums that use MyPicoDos. Not sure if it is because I am running a PAL 800XL.

When I try them in emulator, they are perfectly fine there.

If I have to get the Carts, then so be it...it's not a major hassle.

Just got another copy of Star Raiders from Fandal's site. That seems to work, no problems...still got issues with Pac-Man. Most of the time, Pac-Man himself doesn't animate...I think its something to do with timing, so it's probably because I have a Pal system. Unfortunately, the US Gold version of Pac-Man on Atarimania only has the cassette dump.