IGNORED

Small thing. Memtest 1.0 1996 JAKU-B

russg

I love ramtesters that detect the minor ram upgrades that exist, it is a wonderful thing, at the same time a good idea would be for the test to suggest mods for the old mem schemes to fix some of their short comings , for example the byrd to axlon mod, or the add antic access mods for some of the memory expansion (like peterson etc)...

for example warning this peterson upgrade is missing antic access please connect pia pad blah blah blah

also be aware there is nothing wrong with banking some of the main memory as well, once apon a time that idea was kicked around for fast progam switchings for software suites and tools.. hence the if you know what your doing mention of some newells

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 1 year later...
On 10/30/2011 at 9:09 AM, russg said:

Hi, @rdea.

I don't think I can get a text file of MEMTEST output. My previous post of reference values is what MEMTEST shows, except I don't believe I included

the $8x main memory banking. It shows $8F, $8B, no $87 (banking $4000-$7FFF to $4000-$7FFF), and $83.

So, MEMTEST shows 12 banks, four each, at $Ex, $Cx, $Ax, making 3x64K banking and three $8x main memory banking for 48K more, totalling

240K banked memory and 64K main memory for a total of 304K. If I understand what you're asking.

Here's a screen of MEMTEST for Rambo 320K in A8WP4, which is same as my screen except mine doesn't have $87.

I forgot to thank ABBUC members, such as you, for the terrific support of Atari 8-bit.

russg

Oh, I think you're asking results of CRC32 captured to text file. I could do that.

post-21816-0-20004800-1319984929_thumb.png

Apologies in responding to a thread from 2011, but I was searching for MEMTEST.COM with an English interface (instead of the one shown here).  It was used here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8M3wbwAzlQ&feature=youtu.be&t=189

Does any one have this software?  Thank you.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone know how to start the progams on disk? If i boot this ATR I see a menu (with return it list the commands) with all kinds of commands. One of them is directory listing.....then i see all kinds of programs i want to start....but I have no clue how to start a program.

11 hours ago, davince said:

Does anyone know how to start the progams on disk? If i boot this ATR I see a menu (with return it list the commands) with all kinds of commands. One of them is directory listing.....then i see all kinds of programs i want to start....but I have no clue how to start a program.

Hmmm, what ATR do you mean? The Newell.ATR boots MyDOS, if you do a directory listing you see:

a) some *. files (no extender!), these are COM/EXE/XEX files, use "L" binary load to load them

b) some .BAS files, use "B" to go to cartridge and then RUN"D:FILENAME.BAS" to load them

c) some .ARC files, first load UNARC, then unarc these files, then try to load the unarced files as .BAS or .COM files (in case these are .TXT files use option "C" then FILENAME.TXT,E:)

d) the Autorun.SYS file tries to load a file named "XLXETEST.BAS"

e) one *.AUT file is a ramdisk driver, if one wants to use it, rename it to Autorun.Sys, then reboot the diskette, e.g. with option "M" run at adress and then E477 (I guess that RDAR.SYS is the same as Ramboot3.AUT, but have not tested it and might be wrong)

f) one *.M65 file, this is MAC65 assembler sourcecode, you can display it like a textfile (with option "C" then Filename.M65,E:) or load it into Mac65 (and other assemblers) to view and/or assemble it

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

f) one *.M65 file, this is MAC65 assembler sourcecode, you can display it like a textfile (with option "C" then Filename.M65,E:) or load it into Mac65 (and other assemblers) to view and/or assemble it

Doesn't MAC/65 save files in a tokenized format? 

Yup, it sure does:

You would need to de-tokenize it to read it like a text file.  Best bet is to just load it into MAC/65 using "LOAD #D1:filename.M65" (without the quotes).  If you want to, you can then save it as an ATASCII file (text file) by LISTing it back to the disk (LIST #D1:filename.TXT).

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 10:06 PM, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmm, what ATR do you mean? The Newell.ATR boots MyDOS, if you do a directory listing you see:

a) some *. files (no extender!), these are COM/EXE/XEX files, use "L" binary load to load them

Thanks for the info! I use MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR which does not seem to boot DOS. I managed to workarroound it by booting MyPicoDos and with dat booted I can switch to second disk (MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR) and start a program using the cursors. I'll check if MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR does have the 'L' option...maybe this will bring me the option to start/load a program.

Edited by davince
seperate my comment from the quote

4 hours ago, davince said:

Thanks for the info! I use MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR which does not seem to boot DOS. I managed to workarroound it by booting MyPicoDos and with dat booted I can switch to second disk (MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR) and start a program using the cursors. I'll check if MEMRAMCHECKTEST.ATR does have the 'L' option...maybe this will bring me the option to start/load a program.

You mean Memramchecktest.ATR from post #18 or post #25 ?

Each of them is a 130k MyDOS format ATR and when loaded without Basic you get MyDOS 4.55 beta 3. You can simply use option "L" to load the *.COM and *.EXE files.

Boot the ATR with Basic and when READY appears type RUN"D:FILENAME.BAS" to load a basic file (use the real name instead of Filename.BAS of course).

For Sys-Info there is a newer version 2.26 now, attached it here as a ZIP (instead of an ARC). There is also a newer version of eXtended RAM check or XRAM V0.22. And here you will find some more system checker programs: http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=F. Diagnostyczne

Memramchecktest.jpg

Sys_Info_226.zip

• 1 month later...

Updated the RAM and System test programs a little bit (see attachment). On an XL/XE the disk / ATR boots DOS 2.5 with Basic enabled, programs named *.BAS can be started from Atari Basic then; programs named *.COM will disable Basic automatically (except one *.COM program that requires Basic on side B); programs named *.TUR must be loaded from TB XL (and programs named *.OBJ and *.DAT cannot be loaded and belong to another program). If you cannot return to DOS from a program, then try Reset for a coldstart - alas, some programs are reset-proof.

Patched and shortened the "Pagefind.BAS" program a bit, it will no longer search in a MyDOS subdir for additional files, but load files from maindir D1: instead; it will also no longer try to configure your XRAM for the TK Macro Assembler which is not there anyways. (This utility was originally taken from the TK Macro Assembler disk, which uses MyDOS and was therefore placed in a MyDOS subdir.)

SYSTEST.zip

• Like 2