IGNORED

Sega CD, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast Instruction Manual Scans

TSOLfan

I started a Sega Saturn instruction manual scan project over at The Cover Project:

http://www.thecoverp...hp?topic=6791.0

Today, I started up my Sega Dreamcast project, and with it being Halloween, I queued up all of the "horror" related games:

http://www.ratigators.com/

From here on out, I'll be pulling one from each end of the alphabet (similar to what I did/still doing for Sega Saturn).

I also got a jump start on my Sega CD project, clearing out the "horror" themed games there as well.

Edited by TSOLfan
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your work scanning and posting these manuals.

I have about 50% of these Sega games CIB, but it is awesome to also have digital versions of the instructions without having to scan them myself.

I also appreciate that you are using Media Fire, which is one of the less obnoxious file hosting services ;)

• 2 months later...

Today mostly wraps up my Sega CD scan project with an additional 1952 scans (8946 total when you add in Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast). I say "mostly" because I skipped 2 titles. I have a backup copy of Kris Kross: Make My Video on its way (the last game I had where my only copy was still sealed), so that will get scanned in as soon as it arrives, and I'll scan in ESPN NBA Hangtime '95 as soon as I pick one up.

Also, tomorrow I'm starting my Sega CD 32X scan project, though, this one will go quick, since there were only 5 games.

When those wrap up in a couple of days, that should take care of anyone looking for any manual for any US Sega console game on an optical disc format.

After that, I'll be taking a break from scanning for a few months, but then I'll be back (hint, scroll to the bottom :)

• Like 3

As I mentioned, Sega CD 32X was going to go quick, today wraps up the entire collection, adding 57 new scans. Also, Kris Kross Make My Video came in the mail, so that has been scanned in and linked up in the Sega CD section (8 new scans).

Also, here's a preview of one of the things I'm working on next (after I return from a break in scanning for a while):

Sega Master System Game Catalog 1986 (USA)

• 4 months later...

Next week, I'll start posting Sega Master System games. I'm still about 20 manuals short of a full NTSC-U set, though, figured I had enough to get started, and will go back and upload what I skipped when I find a good deal on a game I'm missing. I'm also scanning the case inserts (cover art), as there didn't seem to be a great resource for those anywhere either. I went ahead and posted Montezuma's Revenge so people know what to expect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today wraps up my scheduled Sega Master System insert/manual scans. There are still 6 games, 3 manuals and 2 replacement inserts that I still need to eventually pick up, and I'll post here in this thread when I make any updates.

I have 3 more games on the way that I'll get scanned and uploaded once they arrive.

For those wanting some stats, so far I'm at 1,182 Sega Master Scans, so if you take away the insert scans and do the math, that's another 2,148 pages of manuals scanned.

As for MediaFire stats, they tell me I'm now hosting 11,348 Sega scans. If you take away the zip files and once again do the math, that means I've scanned about 10,564 times, resulting in approximately 21,128 pages of manuals scanned.

I did post in a few places (TCP, CAG, DigitPress, SegaAge, etc) about trying to do a more collaborative effort on Genesis and Game Gear, with manuals either being donated or with me covering cost of shipping and return shipping (to ensure a level of consistency with all scans), and I received no response.

So, other than scanning in any missing items I pick up or deciding to do back inserts across the board for Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast, this closes the book on my system level scan projects.

• Like 1

Maxim, an admin over at SMS Power (smspower.org), is taking all of my scans and OCR'ing them to have plain text versions. Thus far, he noticed two games where when I was flipping pages to scan, I flipped too many. I've scanned in the missing pages and re-uploaded the individual scans and zips. This affected Zillion and Zillion II: The Tri Formation. Odd that it was two games in a row.

If anyone else notices any errors, please let me know, and I'll correct them.

• Like 2

Since I've pretty much closed the door on manual scans, I'm coming back to a few systems to do pickups on back insert scans. I did a trial run this morning on Sega Saturn, and I estimate I can knock out about 10-20 of these a morning. I uploaded 3D Baseball through Baku Baku. These are in the same folders as the manual scans I've already finished:

http://www.ratigators.com/

I don't have time this morning to re-upload the zip files, so just know, if you currently download the zip files, you'll still just get the manual scans.

My goal is to have Sega Saturn back inserts wrapped up by the end of the month. I'll post in this thread when I do another batch of uploads, as I can't guarantee I'll be able to do a batch every day consistently.

• Like 2

Back inserts for Dark Legend through Dragon Heart: Fire and Steel have been uploaded (11 games). I had to skip Doom, as apparently, my back insert is glued in the case, and I can't remove it without damaging it. I'll keep an eye out for a cheap second copy/back insert only.

• 2 months later...

I know I just sort of dropped this Sega Saturn back insert project, though, had to go out of town for work, and since getting back, things have just been crazy busy (end of the year is always busy). My goal is to cross this off my list this year.

I uploaded The Horde through NBA Live '98 (42 games). My Last Bronx had a cutout UPC, though, I scanned it in anyways and I'll get that replaced sometime in the future. That leaves me with 111 more back inserts to scan.

Also, on the Sega Master System side, I posted Power Strike, and I have a copy of R.C. Grand Prix in the mail.

Great work and nice site. Just bookmarked it. Any chance of scanning the Sega CDX owner's manual? Keep up the good work!

I actually do own the Sega CDX, and it's my primary Sega CD (sold my original to cover the cost to pick it up) and I also, against my better judgement, use my 32X with it (a bit off balance, but it works). Though, I picked it up second hand from a local game store, and it didn't come with a manual at the time, and I never even thought to try and track one down.

Edited by TSOLfan

I actually do own the Sega CDX, and it's my primary Sega CD (sold my original to cover the cost to pick it up) and I also, against my better judgement, use my 32X with it (a bit off balance, but it works). Though, I picked it up second hand from a local game store, and it didn't come with a manual at the time, and I never even thought to try and track one down.

I tried searching the web for a scan and found nothing. If I do I'll let you know if you're interested. Game on!