IGNORED

TurboFreezer XL/XE 2011 preorder starts now

HiassofT

Oh, I thought the email I sent to the ABBUC over a year ago was some kind of pre-order.

it seems not. :(

So how is the process of pre-odering handled then? In any case, i want one!

If you are not on the list, maybe your email got lost somehow. Please send another email to Wolfgang with our order and we'll add you to the list.

so long,

Hias

This process has been long enough that I don't remember what the payment process is/was. I remember the prices were approximate and the final prices were to be determined later. So have you collected yet? I also see that you have an "adr" by my name, so you don't have my shipping address. Should be in the PayPal docs. My apologies if you've covered this, but I went through the thread again and didn't see any updates on what is happening. If you haven't collected and you're building all these on "faith" -- good luck. (Although I'm sure you will eventually sell them all, and yes, I still want the ones I pre-ordered.)

-Larry

I sent email to Wolfgang but don't see my name on this list?

Duh, sorry, then your email must have got lost somehow :-( I re-checked all mails but couldn't find anything that I had missed.

Could you please resend your order, and also send a CC to me (hias <at> horus <dot> com)?

Of course I'll reserve the last remaining Freezer for you, so this means preorder is now closed!

so long,

Hias

Duh, sorry, then your email must have got lost somehow :-( I re-checked all mails but couldn't find anything that I had missed.

Could you please resend your order, and also send a CC to me (hias <at> horus <dot> com)?

Of course I'll reserve the last remaining Freezer for you, so this means preorder is now closed!

Resent the email

• 2 months later...

Hi!

Anything new on this?... I remember expressing interest long time ago but apparently had to send an email to be included in the list, must have missed that part :( , so Hias is there any more available?

The first 40 or so Freezers have already been been shipped. Orders from non-german speaking people are currently on hold until JAC finishes the english translation of the manual (it wouldn't have made too much sense to ship the Freezer without a proper documentation, and most of the people at the beginning of the preorder list were german speaking ones anyway).

The english manual should be finished soon (hopefully this or the next week, see this thread), so shipping to all you english speaking folks should start real soon now!

Wolfram is busy assembling all the boards and is shipping them to Wolfgang in smaller batches (2 batches of 30pcs so far), half of the total preorder is already done, second half still to go :)

Currently we are not taking any preorders for a next batch, we want to finish the current perorder first (and I guess Wolfram could then need a short break from soldering). But it's quite certain that another batch will follow, so stay tuned!

so long,

Hias

• Like 1

Sending already? Cool :)

Honestly, I am not sure if I have already paid. I have sent an eMail and am included in the list. That's what I know :)

So, am I getting an eMail with a payment request or have I indeed paid already, but have forgotten about it?

..or... have I vanished again from the list? :o ;)

Sending already? Cool :)

Honestly, I am not sure if I have already paid. I have sent an eMail and am included in the list. That's what I know :)

So, am I getting an eMail with a payment request or have I indeed paid already, but have forgotten about it?

..or... have I vanished again from the list? :o ;)

Good question. There was a list with the pre-orders, but I can't find right now. If you are on that list, you'll get an email from Wolfgang when you're freezer is ready to ship. With that email you'll receive the invoice and have to pay then.

Edit: Go there to find the link to the pre-order list. As far as I can see, you're on that list. Just wait. Mine didn't ship yet, too: http://www.abbuc.de/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6472&start=40#p55509

Edited by skr

Good question. There was a list with the pre-orders, but I can't find right now. If you are on that list, you'll get an email from Wolfgang when you're freezer is ready to ship. With that email you'll receive the invoice and have to pay then.

Edit: Go there to find the link to the pre-order list. As far as I can see, you're on that list. Just wait. Mine didn't ship yet, too: http://www.abbuc.de/...start=40#p55509

Thank you for clarification. I am an that list so I just wait for the invoice ;)

I really really hope the Turbo Freezer can help me debugging my code on the real thing.

Just some days ago I ran into the problem that it worked on the emulators but not on the 800XL :(

• 2 weeks later...

Received my invoice today (and paid). Anyone here in the U.S. received theirs yet? (Just curious.)

Wolfgang just started sending out invoices to non german speaking folks as the english manual has just been completed yesterday - and you are quite at the beginning of the preorder list. Not sure how long shipping to the states takes, but I hope you'll receive your freezer real soon!

so long,

Hias

The complete docs, hardware info, software and sources are now available online at http://turbofreezer.horus.com

Software version 3.10 is now also available for the "old" Turbo Freezer 2005 - have a look at the addendum.txt file in the software zip for a list of new features.

The software zip also includes the complete source code and the "freezer system disks" for the 2005 and 2011 freezers.

All Turbo Freezer 2011 files are in the "turbo-freezer-2011" directory: manuals in PDF format plus LaTeX sources, schematics in PNG and Eagle format and the CPLD logic in JED and SVF format plus VHDL sources.

so long & have fun,

Hias