IGNORED

TurboFreezer XL/XE 2011 preorder starts now

HiassofT

• 2 weeks later...

Received my delivery notice yesterday from USPS, will pick it up this AM!

-Larry

Edit: Received and they look amazing. Thanks to all involved, especially Mega-Hz and Hias, and JAC! for the nice English docs.

The creators should probably be the ones to post pics of their "babies," but if they don't, I'll take a couple of pics of mine.

Maybe Roy got his today?

Here is a quick pic of the XE version (assembled). As best I can see, only the label is slightly different than the pictures at the start of this thread.

Lots to learn and try out with this device!

-Larry

Are there any pictures of the finished product yet? I think I've only seen the proto so far.

post-8008-0-72394300-1366386619_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a quick pic of the XL version (assembled). As best I can see, only the label is slightly different than the pictures at the start of this thread.

Lots to learn and try out with this device!

-Larry

Awesome! Thanks for the picture brother. That looks really nice and compact.

I can't wait to get my hands on one... "Atari plug and play product of the decade"?

It is nice an compact. Even with an IDE+2 attached at the back. Thus far, I have not been able to get the IDE+2 working on the XL model. I'm guessing that even though the freezer is powered, the power is not carried through to the "pass-thru" XL adapter. (I've only just begun trying out the Freezer, but getting the IDE+2 working is at the top of my priority list.)

I'm sure that there will be many questions and comments for information sharing. Perhaps we should start a new thread for "Using the Turbo Freezer?"

BTW, the picture title is obviously wrong -- I posted the picture of the XE version...

-Larry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got an email from Wolfgang (who's handling the shipping):

Last Freezers were sent out in April, he's waiting for Wolfram (mega-hz) to assemble the remaining 60 Freezers.

Wolfgang is now on holidays an will be back in July. By then mega-hz should (hopefully) have assembled all remaining Freezers and you should receive your payment emails (and, finally, your Freezers).

Wolfgang told me that a few people didn't respond to the payment emails, he'll keep trying to contact them, if we don't get any response in the end there might be a very few Freezers left from the first production run. But, of course, the people on the preorder list have absolute priority.

so long,

Hias

• Like 2

@Hias,

Thanks for the update. I'm very patience with the process and I understand the work involve. Thank Wolfram (mega-hz) for his efforts for me. Looking forward to receiving and using the Freezers.

Mike

From my "waiting for OpenPandora" experience, regular info like this given from Hias is essential.

Then patience is no problem.

Go Freezers! :P

• 1 month later...