IGNORED

TurboFreezer XL/XE 2011 preorder starts now

HiassofT

Now I really would like to know if the statement "the last 30 will be sent" is true.

Because I haven't received that email and there should be no obvious reason to not sent the emails all together.

You'll receive the email as soon as your Freezer is ready to ship. Wolfram still has to build ~30 Freezers and your are quite at the end of the list. Please be patient, you'll get your Freezer :)

so long,

Hias

You'll receive the email as soon as your Freezer is ready to ship. Wolfram still has to build ~30 Freezers and your are quite at the end of the list. Please be patient, you'll get your Freezer :)

so long,

Hias

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

As long as I am not forgotten, I can wait :)

• 4 weeks later...

Are there any remaining or is there going to be a second run?

Production and shipping of the first run is still in progress, so I can't tell if there are any remaining units.

We plan on doing a second run after that, but before we start with it we'll evaluate some options of having the boards machine assembled. Hand soldering all those 120 Freezers (2 PCBs with SMT devices each, plus the adapter boards) is a really exhausting (and boring) job and we absolutely underestimated how long this would take. Wolfram has a day-time job and doing SMT assembly in the evening isn't quite some sort of recreation...

We'll keep you posted as soon as we have more news.

so long,

Hias

I've been using mine now for quite a while mostly with an 800XL. Really, really nice! I use it in conjunction with an IDE+2. What a nice combination! Flip the switch and there is the "Oldrunner" OS.

It *almost* works with Bob Woolley's XL14 accelerator. The system can access the ramdisk to copy files to/from, but when MyDos tries to do a "swap" of the a program, it somehow cannot swap the MEM.SAV or DUP.SYS files on the ramdisk. Haven't given up yet, though -- might be fixable in software. It could be really useful if the ramdisk did work completely with the accelerator.

Edit: ramdisk also appears to work perfectly with MyIDE-II in light testing on a stock XL/XE.

Edit2: Ditto for MyIDE-I with MyBios firmware, but not earlier versions such as 3.5F.

-Larry

• 2 weeks later...

I checked the order list some days back and saw that I orderd an XE-adapter.

As it is so long a go, i can't remember why. I only have XLs, so I think it is like this:

The Freezer fits without adapter into the XL and I ordered the XE-adapter in case I buy a XE anytime soon.

As some guys already have received their board, can anyone tell me if an XL adapter is needed?

I only have XLs, so I think it is like this:

The Freezer fits without adapter into the XL and I ordered the XE-adapter in case I buy a XE anytime soon.

As some guys already have received their board, can anyone tell me if an XL adapter is needed?

The freezer itself does not fix in any atari. An adapter is always needed. There is XL-adapter, or XE adapter. When you ordered you asked for what computer you wanted to use the freezer. So when you ordered for XL you get XL-adapter board + Freezer.

You might have ordered XE adapter for future use indeed.

The freezer itself does not fix in any atari. An adapter is always needed. There is XL-adapter, or XE adapter. When you ordered you asked for what computer you wanted to use the freezer. So when you ordered for XL you get XL-adapter board + Freezer.

You might have ordered XE adapter for future use indeed.

Thank you.

I found the link to the order PDF and I am only listed for "Freezer XL" so I am safe.

Though I have no idea where I got the "information" from that I ordered an additional XE-adapter. Obviously, I just looked in the wrong row.

Which, however, is strange considering that I am last on the list :)

Sorry for the noise, everything seems to be fine :)