IGNORED

Arcadia 2001 Multicart - 2011 version - any interest?

5-11under

I agree. The games and their code need to be listed and on the label otherwise your product wouldn't be very good, although anyone could take those stick-on labels you buy at staples and write them on there themselves. It would still be a big pain though.

The label will have the list of games, with the binary "key" so you'll know the DIP switch settings for each game. The design is well under way. The labels will be professionally printed.

I agree. The games and their code need to be listed and on the label otherwise your product wouldn't be very good, although anyone could take those stick-on labels you buy at staples and write them on there themselves. It would still be a big pain though.

The label will have the list of games, with the binary "key" so you'll know the DIP switch settings for each game. The design is well under way. The labels will be professionally printed.

very nice

L

Update:

Here's a sneak peek at the front labels for the short and long version. Looking at these again, I see there's a few tweaks to be made before they're finalized. The light blue rectangle shows the location of the pair of DIP switches.

post-3127-0-01018700-1322431168_thumb.png

Looks great! can not wait to get one of these...

Hey I just thought of something. You said you are making this flash cart because you have only found a few games for the system. Are you still collecting real cartridges as well when you come across them? If trading some in would give us discounts on our purchase of the flash cart, I have 4 of the long games I'd be willing to part with..

Hey I just thought of something. You said you are making this flash cart because you have only found a few games for the system. Are you still collecting real cartridges as well when you come across them? If trading some in would give us discounts on our purchase of the flash cart, I have 4 of the long games I'd be willing to part with..

Thanks! For now I have enough, though. I'll get back to you if I need to get any more of them (I'd like to have a bunch of extras ready).

Thanks! For now I have enough, though. I'll get back to you if I need to get any more of them (I'd like to have a bunch of extras ready).

Ah so you aren't actually collecting them? You're just gutting commons for use in making the multicarts? Better make sure none of the ones I have are rare first then.

Wow, back when I made Arcadia multicarts, hardly anyone was interested and I charged less too. Must have become popular over the years. :)

Is that you CPUWIZ?!?! I have my multicart!! I did not know that you made. I bought it from someone at ebay auction in...maybe 2004 or 2005. I don't remember what year I bought, name seller, and price either. I don't know how many you made.

I'm glad. I found you this forum!! You made 5 of 5 correct? I just read the posts.

Last night I was planning to sell it at ebay. I have not post yet but I will do soon. And I have not tested it. I don't have Arcadia 2001 system. I sold it. I did not sell this multicart yet because I lost it in the past. I was cleaning up in the closet. I found it in the box at the closet. I was surprised. I thought I lost it or my friend borrow it. I am glad. I found it. Whew!

Here is picture. Serial #2 !! :grin:

am.jpg

BTW, 5-11under, good luck that you make multicarts! :thumbsup::-D:thumbsup:

Wow, back when I made Arcadia multicarts, hardly anyone was interested and I charged less too. Must have become popular over the years. :)

Is that you CPUWIZ?!?! I have my multicart!! I did not know that you made. I bought it from someone at ebay auction in...maybe 2004 or 2005. I don't remember what year I bought, name seller, and price either. I don't know how many you made.

I'm glad. I found you this forum!! You made 5 of 5 correct? I just read the posts.

Last night I was planning to sell it at ebay. I have not post yet but I will do soon. And I have not tested it. I don't have Arcadia 2001 system. I sold it. I did not sell this multicart yet because I lost it in the past. I was cleaning up in the closet. I found it in the box at the closet. I was surprised. I thought I lost it or my friend borrow it. I am glad. I found it. Whew!

Here is picture. Serial #2 !! :grin:

am.jpg

BTW, 5-11under, good luck that you make multicarts! :thumbsup::-D:thumbsup:

Nice Cart ! Maybe let the community know , im sure one of us would love to buy . I know I would :)

I only recently acquired my Arcadia but im amazed it slipped under the raider . I have heard of the sytem but never seen one in the wild . I was pretty lucky to pick my one up just the other day .

The PCBs have arrived. I just assembled one, and it works. Phew! I'm still working on the ROM list, but hopefully over the next couple of weeks I'll be able to get a lot of work done on that, as well as cartridge housing preparation, label production, soldering, etc.

Once all or most of that work is complete, I'll send PMs to those who have expressed interest. In the meantime, the reserve list is still open to others who are interested. Just reply here or send me a PM. Quantities are limited, based mostly on the amount of cartridge housings I have (although I can always go looking for more). I'll do my best to extend the preliminary pricing for any interested, even if there's a delay caused by shortage of supplies.

At this point, the price is set at $95 US maximum for this first batch. This includes postage to US and Canadian addresses. International orders might be the same or up to $10 more (to be determined, but will pretty much be the actual cost difference). I'll be accepting payment once they're basically ready to go.

• Like 2

Quick update: I'm still waiting for the PCBs. In the meantime I'm working on the ROM list and preparing the cartridge housings.

Did you ever get a working version of Crazy Gobbler?

Crazy Gobbler actually works now with the PCB (with the same EPROM chip and switches). Maybe it had something to do with the lack of bypass capacitors and/or the long wires of the test prototype.