IGNORED

Arcadia 2001 Multicart - 2011 version - any interest?

5-11under

Has anyone tried Frogger 1.25 on a real Arcadia (as opposed to in emulation)? On the real thing, my frog dies within a second of landing on a log or lily pad.

I spent some time modifying an Arcadia PCB to accept an EEPROM. I wanted to make sure the multicart wasn't somehow affecting the results (stranger things have happened). Anyway, the results were the same, so unfortunately, it looks like Frogger 1.25 doesn't work on a real machine. I'll keep the game on the multicart as an extra.

Thanks for that information. Frogger works 100% on every Arcadia emulator ever written, but that just goes to show that the state of Arcadia emulation is not as advanced as we supposed. :-( Frogger was never tested on the real machine. Neither was JTron; I assume that works?

OK, attached is V1.26, hopefully it works now, can someone (eg. 5-11under) please test it?

FROGGER.bin

Edited by Minuous

Has anyone tried Frogger 1.25 on a real Arcadia (as opposed to in emulation)? On the real thing, my frog dies within a second of landing on a log or lily pad.

I spent some time modifying an Arcadia PCB to accept an EEPROM. I wanted to make sure the multicart wasn't somehow affecting the results (stranger things have happened). Anyway, the results were the same, so unfortunately, it looks like Frogger 1.25 doesn't work on a real machine. I'll keep the game on the multicart as an extra.

Thanks for that information. Frogger works 100% on every Arcadia emulator ever written, but that just goes to show that the state of Arcadia emulation is not as advanced as we supposed. :-( Frogger was never tested on the real machine. Neither was JTron; I assume that works?

OK, attached is V1.26, hopefully it works now, can someone (eg. 5-11under) please test it?

Now the cars don't hurt at all, and the frog dies instantly upon landing on a log or lily pad.

Update: Cartridge casings had their final fitting, and are ready for assembly. Labels are cut. Once the fate of Frogger is figured out, I'll start the final assembly including EPROM burning, EPROM installation, cartridge assembly, and label attachment. After that, I'll post some pictures, and send out PMs to those who have expressed interest.

Update: Cartridge casings had their final fitting, and are ready for assembly. Labels are cut. Once the fate of Frogger is figured out, I'll start the final assembly including EPROM burning, EPROM installation, cartridge assembly, and label attachment. After that, I'll post some pictures, and send out PMs to those who have expressed interest.

Sweet! Thanks for the update.. I`m still in for 1.... ;-)

Perhaps this has already been answered, but what games are new to this cart versus the one Ward put out years ago? I'm trying to see if the upgrade is worth it.

It depends what version of Ward's multicart you have. Some of the ones that may be missing in Ward's multicart, besides the enhanced and alternate versions of games, and demos, are:

Battle

Blackjack & Poker

Boxing

Circus

Doraemon

Dr. Slump

Golf

Jtron

Mobile Soldier Gundam

Superbug

Superbug 2

Super Dimension Fortress Macross

Frogger

Update: all of the first batch have been assembled. They've all been tested for at least a couple of seconds. The ones in the zipper bags have been "completely" tested, that is, for all games/programs. This takes at least a half hour each, so there's still some work ahead to get them all tested. I anticipate sending some PMs over the next couple of days.

post-3127-0-12025700-1343237668_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Update: all of the first batch have been assembled. They've all been tested for at least a couple of seconds. The ones in the zipper bags have been "completely" tested, that is, for all games/programs. This takes at least a half hour each, so there's still some work ahead to get them all tested. I anticipate sending some PMs over the next couple of days.

post-3127-0-12025700-1343237668_thumb.jpg

I will be awaiting a PM.... ;-)

All units have been tested. I'll be sending out PMs to the first bunch of people very soon, mostly based on the order that people expressed interest.

I have certain quantities of short and long cartridges (see post 159 for pictures), so I'll be asking if you would like a long cartridge, short cartridge, don't care, or neither.

In the PM, I'll request your PayPal e-mail address so I can send you an invoice. If special arrangements need to be made for any reason, please reply to the PM. It'd be great if the PMs could be acted upon within a couple of days, so i can get to the next bunch of PMs (after updating my quantity of long/short available). edit: the price will be $95 US, shipped pretty much anywhere. The price after this is subject to change at any time, but will likely start out at about $105.

Thanks for your patience!

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 1

All units have been tested. I'll be sending out PMs to the first bunch of people very soon, mostly based on the order that people expressed interest.

I have certain quantities of short and long cartridges (see post 159 for pictures), so I'll be asking if you would like a long cartridge, short cartridge, don't care, or neither.

In the PM, I'll request your PayPal e-mail address so I can send you an invoice. If special arrangements need to be made for any reason, please reply to the PM. It'd be great if the PMs could be acted upon within a couple of days, so i can get to the next bunch of PMs (after updating my quantity of long/short available). edit: the price will be $95 US, shipped pretty much anywhere. The price after this is subject to change at any time, but will likely start out at about $105.

Thanks for your patience!

PM sent..