IGNORED

Arcadia 2001 Multicart - 2011 version - any interest?

5-11under

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it includes every known and dumped game. Includes all the games that got released outsude the usa. Which adds over 30 titles that the usa never got. 

So the games that were copies of defender, pac man, berzerk, crazy climber etc.

Okay, I finally have 20+ of these ready to go. I have 2-3 more that should be ready sometime later, but it's taking too long to get those done, so I'll go with what I have for now. After that, I'm out of shells for these. At that point, I'll either sell without the shell, or maybe someone will be able to sell me a bunch of shells (I pay $10 each but I don't pay for shipping - so it's not worth it for sending 1 or 2, but if you have a handful or a couple of dozen, I'll gladly buy them from you).

Here are the current details of the cartridge:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/189779-arcadia-2001-multicart-2011-version-any-interest/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-2869225

It also includes 3D Attack:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/189779-arcadia-2001-multicart-2011-version-any-interest/?do=findComment&comment=4268790

$90 US to Canada/USA addresses, $95 to most other locations. Payment via PayPal.

If you'd like to buy one of these, please send me a PM (I probably won't reply until tonight), with the following:

• Name
  • Address
  • Phone number (required, for customs purposes only)
  • Which cart you would like (note that these are first come, first serve, so if you're one of the first people to request one, you will get your first choice... so there's no harm in stating a second choice). For example:
    • First choice long, second choice short
    • First choice long, would not accept short
    • Either size is perfectly fine
  • Like 1

Update:

1. If you've paid already, my plan is to mail these out tonight, and respond via PM that I've done so.

2. If you've sent me a PM with intent to purchase, my plan is to respond tonight or tomorrow night (after #1 actions complete).

evg2000, that sounds good... send me a PM when you've got them located/counted.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

I've mailed out all the carts to those who have paid, either a couple of days ago, or today (you've got a PM with the details).

Exception: Shon M, I need your phone number (you've got a PM).

The remainder that I built are boxed up and ready to be mailed out quickly. Send me a PM if you'd like one.

That is awesome that you created an Arcadia 2001 Multi-cart that comes with public domain games and maybe some licensed games that you got permission to distribute. It saves wear and tear on the cartridge slot to use one cartridge with all the games on it.

I am looking forward to getting your short version of the cartridge in the near future once you mail them out, then I do not need to swap cartridges anymore.

Edited by HDTV1080P

• 4 weeks later...

I received my Arcadia 2001 multi-cart on January 29th 2020 (smaller/shorter cartridge shell version). I tested it out and all works good. In the future I would like to see a SD card version of the cartridge or USB multi-cart with on screen menus. This is the first cartridge I have used with DIP switches, and DIP switches are not as good as a on screen menus like ATARIMAX has created for the ColecoVision and Atari 5200 videgame systems. Also, with SD cards one can add new public domain games when released or make their own games that are copied and pasted to the SD card. DIP switch cartridges one can never change the contents of the cartridge.  

Both the ColecoVision and Arcadia 2001 were released in 1982, and the ColecoVision has much better video and audio quality for its games. Some of the games on the Arcadia 2001 appears to be better than the Intelivision and Atari 2600 games. However, the Emersion Arcadia 2001 does not have any name brand arcade games so it makes it harder to compare to other systems. Overall, I think I like the ATARI 2600 games over the Arcadia 2001. However, I did play a few nice games on the Arcadia 2001 and the graphcis are better than the ATARI 2600 and closer to the Intelivision system. Some games on the Arcadia 2001 require one to use the second hand controller instead of the first hand controller. 

Overall this Emerson Arcadia 2001 multi-cart is a must have item for people that own this classic 1982 videogame console.   

Edited by HDTV1080P

7 hours ago, HDTV1080P said:

I received my Arcadia 2001 multi-cart on January 29th 2020 (smaller/shorter cartridge shell version). I tested it out and all works good. [...]

However, the Emersion Arcadia 2001 does not have any name brand arcade games so it makes it harder to compare to other systems.

Nice review of the multicart!  I'd be surprised to see an SD multicart released for the system... but it would be a welcome addition.

Oh, and the Arcadia has plenty of "name brand" arcade games.  In fact, the Arcadia has some arcade games that didn't appear on any other systems.  Mostly these arcade games are ones that weren't that popular.  For a complete list, see Ward Shrake's write-up on the system, here:

https://orphanedgames.com/DigitalArchaeologyArcadia2001/texts/dp2001dc.doc

Have fun!

Adam

Thank you very much for that nice detailed Microsoft Word document list for the Arcadia 2001. I should have said in my last post that the Arcadia 2001 does not have name brand popular games like Pacman and Donkey Kong, however Emerson Arcadia does have some less popular arcade games. I wonder how many of these Emerson Arcadia 2001 systems were sold during its 18 month lifespan between May 1982 to 1984. I am guessing under 100,000 videogame systems.

Edited by HDTV1080P