IGNORED

Spy Hunter on the Atari 800 question...

ataridave

As far as I know, it was a 'plate' that held two joysticks together. So I guess any system to either keep the joysticks stationary, or joined together should work.

Great! How well does this version control, compared to the 2600 version? I ask because that version is my favorite-the control doesn't feel anywhere near as loose as the NES version, or even the arcade original.

I remember playing this as a kid but I don't remember having to control using two joysticks... So I went to look for my original tape and sadly it is gone (every now and again I realize I'm missing something that I know I had)...

But this might explain why I always have such trouble playing it now on emulators :D

I remember playing this as a kid but I don't remember having to control using two joysticks... So I went to look for my original tape and sadly it is gone (every now and again I realize I'm missing something that I know I had)...

But this might explain why I always have such trouble playing it now on emulators :D

The game gives you the option to use either 2 joysticks or the joystick and keyboard, or just the keyboard. If you have the original dual joystick holder it's easier for one player, but I find the game a lot more fun with two people, driver and shotgun.

As I recall, the second joystick is used only for its fire button. You would use it to launch some of the weapons. My friend and I used to use Gunstar's method of one person driving and laying down smoke and oil while the other kept an eye (or ear) out for the helicopter and launching the missile weapon when needed.

I never really got the hang of playing this game single player style. With the second joystick, I was always knocking it over trying to activate the missile and then getting clobbered by the helicopter. Still, it was good fun when you had the extra set of hands.

I remain that the same atarimania site has the manual and this has a drawing of that artifact.

It does-I just looked at the drawing, and this module looks really sweet! Very much like the one for Space Dungeon on the 5200, except not as big. But it would be great even for Atari 2600 games that require more then one joystick!

I remain that the same atarimania site has the manual and this has a drawing of that artifact.

It does-I just looked at the drawing, and this module looks really sweet! Very much like the one for Space Dungeon on the 5200, except not as big. But it would be great even for Atari 2600 games that require more then one joystick!

Well, Robotron also has a similar module. I bought it couple years ago... The problem is that is made by a simple plastic material, probably it is breakable. (I didn't want it to use after looking it).

Edited by devwebcl

I had a feeling that the 2nd stick did 2 things, one if you moved (smoke?) and one if you fired (missile?) :ponder:

IIRC, while the second stick only uses the fire button, that fire button is used to release either one or the other, oil or smoke-screen (alternating). The first controller controlled the car and shot machine guns, and then if missles are collected, and the helicopter shows up, then the missles were fired with the same button on controller 1.

Now who has one I can buy :D

Shhh,

maybe I should not tell you, that B & C (as well as Best and Video 61) is selling a Robotron version that has two joystick holders, that operate similar as the Spy Hunter game and joystick holders...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1305902695481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130590269548&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

-Andreas Koch.

Now who has one I can buy :D

Shhh,

maybe I should not tell you, that B & C (as well as Best and Video 61) is selling a Robotron version that has two joystick holders, that operate similar as the Spy Hunter game and joystick holders...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1305902695481?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130590269548&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

-Andreas Koch.

I have that already... I want the actual one that came with Spy Hunter :D

• 3 weeks later...