IGNORED

Callisto

snicklin

Are you using single-pixel horizontal variation for bullet position? It's a little hard to tell in the video.

No, for speed they're just characters being stepped one cell per frame (with a "tilt" when the smooth scroll finishes it's cycle and resets so they don't jump) same as i'd do elsewhere.

That was a typo. I meant vertical. I could see the character stepping horizontally and was complimenting your use of it, as it doesn't affect the look and saves having to bit-shift.

No! I had my GroovyBee name badge on ;).

Oh dear, my manvision kicks in again! For anyone that doesn't know what manvision is, it's the way that us men are terrible at spotting things (even if you are looking straight at them).

I never made it past the first level either, but maybe we will when TMR has revised how many bullets each enemy requires.

TMR was telling me about some of the technical difficulties that he was having with the colour flipping. I've had the same problem too, too few cycles to flip colours and do LMSs etc.

Edited by snicklin

First of all, I'd love to give a great big thank you to both Jason and Sean (and I met both of them) for creating this wonderful new game.

Jason, outside of you two, was I the first AtariAger to play this game? My comments on it are/were that it's a very good game and feels quite like Zybex to me (which was a fantastic game itself). However Jason has gone further with the PMGs than they ever did in Zybex as that was all character based.

Zybex , character based? On the C64, yes. On the A8, no. On the A8 not fully playable though.

First of all, I'd love to give a great big thank you to both Jason and Sean (and I met both of them) for creating this wonderful new game.

Jason, outside of you two, was I the first AtariAger to play this game? My comments on it are/were that it's a very good game and feels quite like Zybex to me (which was a fantastic game itself). However Jason has gone further with the PMGs than they ever did in Zybex as that was all character based.

Zybex , character based? On the C64, yes. On the A8, no. On the A8 not fully playable though.

No, of course it isn't char-based...

But strange is your opinion because Zybex was/is running on your truly lover GR.7 Bitmap Mode....

Edited by José Pereira

You been on the beer Jose?

I don't drink beer, just Black Beer like a Guiness in an Irish bar that wasn't the case...

No, probably wrong Topic...

Also probably my bad English but what I said it is said.... probably it fits to someone here :) even with my always bad English...

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira

But strange is your opinion because Zybex was/is running on your truly lover GR.7 Bitmap Mode....

What's strange with my opinion?

It's not an opinion but a fact, when objects cannot be reached, because they stuck in the ground. You even miss upgrades by that.

What's strange with my opinion?

It's not an opinion but a fact, when objects cannot be reached, because they stuck in the ground. You even miss upgrades by that.

Why I really think we most of the times talk the same things...

Why I like you and you like me ;)

And no.... please no"

I have other things to do this Night ;)

Of course that isn't the things you are thinking ;)

Edited by José Pereira

• 1 month later...

Any news on the release of this game? (Callisto)

Still haven't recovered my eyesight fully...

Ooo eeerrrr fnarr fnarr

i don't know why people keep implying i'm a pervert... that's been common knowledge for years now!

(And i've got keratitis okay? Nothing more dubious than that right now. =-)

i don't know why people keep implying i'm a pervert... that's been common knowledge for years now!

Yes, we all know.....Just have to pre warn the newbs..

Nice gimp cossie btw...

(And i've got keratitis okay? Nothing more dubious than that right now. =-)

It says you catch it off licking women's toilet seats...

I always carry a tube of hand sanitising gel for those times..

It says you catch it off licking women's toilet seats...

Don't be daft, i only get it once every five years or so...

It's not your hands you need to worry about. =-)

It's not your hands you need to worry about. =-)

It is, I'm like those blokes who lick their fingers after a KFC meal, same consistency too...

And, that's my last word on it :)

(Before someone honks)

Any news on the release of this game? (Callisto)

Still haven't recovered my eyesight fully...

Sorry to hear about your eye problems, I hope you get well soon. So was this game shown at the gaming show you spoke of? How much more is ther to do once you are well?

Sorry to hear about your eye problems, I hope you get well soon. So was this game shown at the gaming show you spoke of? How much more is ther to do once you are well?

It was shown at Replay on the Sunday yes, although the version on show was only three of the four levels and without difficulty balancing. All that's missing now is the enemies for level 4, a couple of extra ones for level 1 and then i have to go through and tune up the difficulty curve properly.

It was shown at Replay on the Sunday yes, although the version on show was only three of the four levels and without difficulty balancing. All that's missing now is the enemies for level 4, a couple of extra ones for level 1 and then i have to go through and tune up the difficulty curve properly.

Cool. I'm really looking forward to this game. I do hope though, if it's only got 4 levels that they will be longer in the end than the one level video I've seen. That seemed pretty short. But I'm looking forward to it even if it's a short game.

Edited by Gunstar