IGNORED

Boulder Dash(R) Label Contest!

Albert

Well, my idea very much so borders on copyright infringement of a couple different IPs, so I don't think First Star would approve of it anyway. Granted, it could fall under 'parody', but still.... :ponder: I might see if I can scrape up the time for something, but I'm in the same boat as you are -- zero free time available to do much more than post about it.

Nevertheless, I demand to see it. :D

But you take bribes, right? ;)

http://store.apple.c...ct&product=Z0M4

That's an awesome tool! You can go to Dell's website, make a computer with the exact same hardware specs, and it costs less than half the price. Now whenever anyone talks about what an amazing deal Apples are, I can use Apple's own website to disprove them.

Never mind buying the raw components and just putting them together yourself.

Edited by townparkradio

But you take bribes, right? ;)

http://store.apple.c...ct&product=Z0M4

That's an awesome tool! You can go to Dell's website, make a computer with the exact same hardware specs, and it costs less than half the price. Now whenever anyone talks about what an amazing deal Apples are, I can use Apple's own website to disprove them.

Transparency sucks. :)

Hmh... this port is so interesting I might just try my luck with the contest.

Only downside is... when I look at the stuff in the AA Shop, most labels are way beyond what games of back in the day looked like. All with fancy photoshop polish etc... I hope that a rather old fashioned hand drawn pic with only basic flat shaded coloring can even compete. :)

Also... there are no rules as to the general look of the cart? I mean like the standard-templates Atari carts had, first with a colored frame, then with the silver frame and red writing, etc... those are optional so I can decide myself wether to use them or not?

Also... no Atari-logo I guess?

Hmh... this port is so interesting I might just try my luck with the contest.

Please do!!

Only downside is... when I look at the stuff in the AA Shop, most labels are way beyond what games of back in the day looked like. All with fancy photoshop polish etc... I hope that a rather old fashioned hand drawn pic with only basic flat shaded coloring can even compete. :)

By all means don't be dissuaded by what's in the shop--all styles of labels are welcome, and you never know what's going to be chosen in the end!

Also... there are no rules as to the general look of the cart? I mean like the standard-templates Atari carts had, first with a colored frame, then with the silver frame and red writing, etc... those are optional so I can decide myself wether to use them or not?

Since these carts aren't being made by Atari, there's no need to follow their templates, or any template at all. I've given thought to creating a standard "AtariAge-style" label, but decided against it years ago as I don't want to pigeonhole anyone into a set style. Atari 2600 labels aren't very large--why constrain the artwork into an even smaller area like Atari did?

Also... no Atari-logo I guess?

Correct.

..Al

By all means don't be dissuaded by what's in the shop--all styles of labels are welcome, and you never know what's going to be chosen in the end!

Exactly!

Tastes are different and in this special case there are 4 (very) different people involved to decide. Also, it is not uncommon to do some changes in cooperation with the label designer, after the label has been chosen. So even if a submission seems a bit rough and/or unfinished but shows great potential, it still has a good chance if the idea is convincing enough.

Oh, for anyone thinking about entering the contest, I am going to extend it a week through Sunday, November 27th. :) Might give some people who have a few extra days for Thanksgiving to submit an entry! ..Al

Woohoo! I'll actually have time that week to make a few labels. Good luck to everyone who enters.

Oh, for anyone thinking about entering the contest, I am going to extend it a week through Sunday, November 27th. :) Might give some people who have a few extra days for Thanksgiving to submit an entry!

..Al

Is this official? I am working on an entry and I keep getting interrupted by work and a 10 month old. More time would be great!

Oh, for anyone thinking about entering the contest, I am going to extend it a week through Sunday, November 27th. :) Might give some people who have a few extra days for Thanksgiving to submit an entry! ..Al

Can you update the date on the announcement too, please?