IGNORED

Boulder Dash(R) Label Contest!

Albert

Wow, some awesome stuff so far. Definitely have my work cut out for me.

I've worked on 2 submissions so far today, and will hopefully have those and 2 more done before the deadline. Luckily I haven't seen any labels yet that are similar to mine.

Edited by SEgamer

Phew, 6 minutes before the deadline I sent in my contribution. Sadly thanks to my slacking off it´s not entirely what I envisioned, I had to cut corners to get it done in time... but well, it´s my own fault.^^ At least it looks pretty different from the others.^^

I am actually happy with the artwork, but the fitting on the cart label could be better (actually wanted the character smaller with more surrounding), and I had to use an unfinished logo. I didn´t even manage to g the copyright info on the label yet, but I read that this can be done afterwards as well..Half an hours ago I was still coloring, and then I had to fight to get the First Star and AA logos on there (how the **ck do I get transparency in Paint for Win 7?).

Also, I had a bad idea coloring with the PC. I scanned my drawing as monochrome bitmap and was shocked how the lines became fuzzy and fractured in the process. I had to retrace pretty much every single line on the pic on PC before I could even start coloring. Is there any trick how to do this decently? Or a program that "closes" lines that became fractured during scanning?

Cost me the night. :P

108starscover.th.png

Edited by 108 Stars

Hi Al,

have all the labels been put up, or did some more come in under the wire that haven't been posted yet?

I received several additional labels last night (at least five) that I'll post to the contest page this evening. :)

..Al

Cool, thanks. Can't wait to see them.

-B

Some nice work all around!

I would say my top 4 are, in no particular order:

1. Tim Madle #2 - Kinda an art deco feel to this label.

2. Rob Kelly #2 - This one reminds me of the Atari artwork style from the picture labels: games like Defender, Warlords, Video Chess, etc.

3. Ivan Machado #1 - I like his green eyes, and the checkered framing around Rockford.

4. André Bolfing #1 - This label reminds me of M. C. Escher's Relativity stairs.

Good Luck! :)

• Like 1

i sent this entry yesterday (too late for the contest i gues ;)

e3bd2.jpg

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/e3bd2

this my top five

Brian Ostrowski (Entry #1)

Dave Dries (Entry #1)

Ivan Machado (Entry #1)

Jason Rein (Entry #2)

Nathan Strum (Entry #2)

Hernán

Edited by Hernán_Callo