IGNORED

After Chicago

Willsy

I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting you all at the Faire! Now safely back home, somewhat tired after my whirlwind Transatlantic jaunt!

I'll be uploading YouTube vids later today - I'll post them here.

Also, I've joined Twitter. You can find me on #ForthFreak if you want to connect :)

Mark

Indeed. This year was my first Faire and I had a great time meeting everyone and enjoying presentations. Sadly, I have to admit that I was so worn out that I dozed off during the excellent TurboForth demonstration, but now I have my v1.1 cartridge so I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to sit down and start playing on real hardware. I picked up a couple of carts I did not have from Bud Mills' display (thinking back, since I shipped my luggage home I could probably have grabbed more and just shipped that, as well, especially a console or two,) and I picked up one of Guidry's ROM boards from Matt#1 and populated it with "Robotron: 2084" thanks to Bob Carmany. (I will be converting this board to contain a ZIF socket for easy ROM swapping.)

I am not going to name everyone who showed, but suffice to say I enjoyed meeting and interacting with everyone. This is the type of group with which I am accustomed: you just show up and it is like you have always been part. Big thanks to Hal and John who were the first I encountered upon entering and were the first to express a big welcome.

Indeed. This year was my first Faire and I had a great time meeting everyone and enjoying presentations. Sadly, I have to admit that I was so worn out that I dozed off during the excellent TurboForth demonstration, but now I have my v1.1 cartridge so I am looking forward to getting the opportunity to sit down and start playing on real hardware. I picked up a couple of carts I did not have from Bud Mills' display (thinking back, since I shipped my luggage home I could probably have grabbed more and just shipped that, as well, especially a console or two,) and I picked up one of Guidry's ROM boards from Matt#1 and populated it with "Robotron: 2084" thanks to Bob Carmany. (I will be converting this board to contain a ZIF socket for easy ROM swapping.)

I am not going to name everyone who showed, but suffice to say I enjoyed meeting and interacting with everyone. This is the type of group with which I am accustomed: you just show up and it is like you have always been part. Big thanks to Hal and John who were the first I encountered upon entering and were the first to express a big welcome.

I love that game. I may need to do the same here soon.

I did enjoy my trip to the USA as well as you guys. I am so lucky that I have passed the weight limits for air travelling on the way back. Got so much new stuff. Anyone who wants to have another TI meetings, there is one tomorrow evening in Vienna, Austria :) I will try to show off the F18A, a photo tour on the chicago faire and a nice review of everything that is going on.

I would like to stay in contact with you: I got skype and Facebook, just give me a private message for my usernames. On Facebook I have 123 faire pics :)

• Like 1

I can post them on ti99ers.org as well. My ti99blog is space limited, but I will try to find some storage for all the pics from the meetings (any suggestions?). I even have a nice video of the F18A demo from matthew (between 14 and 20 minutes long) we did in the hotel room in the evening before the faire.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent some time tonight recreating my spreadsheet of TI cartridges as the previous one was somehow corrupted. Accounting for a few dupes, it looks like I have about 109 cartridges. I am missing a number of educational cartridges, and I am now very sad I did not do this list before as Bud had quite a few of my missing titles on his table as gimmes. Ah, well, there is always next year!

• 3 months later...

I spent some time tonight recreating my spreadsheet of TI cartridges as the previous one was somehow corrupted. Accounting for a few dupes, it looks like I have about 109 cartridges. I am missing a number of educational cartridges, and I am now very sad I did not do this list before as Bud had quite a few of my missing titles on his table as gimmes. Ah, well, there is always next year!

I probably need to update mine, as I've been lax in updating it..

http://www.hexbus.com/inventory.pdf

I also created a nice spreadsheet with what ROM and GROMs the cartridges have (i.e. GROM bases) a while back. I'd love for someone to take this and correct, expand it, etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmwB5QkfV7DbdEE5SmdDV09tdG1FNzJnUGNSOTdtbHc

actually

Could you post them somewhere else for the saps (like me) that don't have FB accounts?

On Facebook I have 123 faire pics :)

I can't find them. Could you drop me a message ?

http://www.ti99.eu/gallery/index.php/Community/Chicago-TI-User-Group-CTIUG/Faire-2011

The ti99.eu project is not completely ready, at least my pics are already there in full quality.

Anyone can create an account and upload his ti-pics :)

• Like 1

That link doesn't work. :-(

At the risk of sounding like an ass, I would prefer that my pictures not be placed on Facebook.

Me too. I don't want my face 'tagged' on Facebook. I have no problem with pictures of me appearing on private websites, such as ti994a.eu but I don't want any pictures (with my face on them) on Facebook. Thanks.