IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

Man I've killed about a dozen dragons so far. I've sucked so many souls I can't even use them for anything that I can tell. Can you power up your shouts in any way? I thought on a load screen I read you can combine shouts. Has anyone done this? STill having a blast like this, and still just mainly doing misc quests and pick pocketing. If you can get to 50 pickpocket, you can get the deep pockets perk which allows you to carry 100 more. I wish I'd find a spell like Pack Mule or Feather in Oblivion. Always getting over burdened.

Man I've killed about a dozen dragons so far. I've sucked so many souls I can't even use them for anything that I can tell. Can you power up your shouts in any way? I thought on a load screen I read you can combine shouts. Has anyone done this? STill having a blast like this, and still just mainly doing misc quests and pick pocketing. If you can get to 50 pickpocket, you can get the deep pockets perk which allows you to carry 100 more. I wish I'd find a spell like Pack Mule or Feather in Oblivion. Always getting over burdened.

Get a good follower and use them as a pack mule.

Shouts have three levels, unlocked with a new word. You can combine speels but I dont think the shouts are combinable, at least I have been able too.

If you want a laugh, use Ice form on an enemy when you are waaaaay up on the mountain.

Edited by Skarrj

Playing the game without bothering the main quest or leveling past the first level. Which means no random dragons. No house. Oh, and the loot sucks because the treasures are calculated based on your level when entering a dungeon for the first time.

Tips for level one challenge:

* WE'VE GOT TO MOVE THESE MICROWAVE OVENS: The steed stone is REALLY important as it bumps your carrying capacity to 400.

* LIVIN' IN A CARDBOARD BOX: Do either the Mages College or Companions (Fighters Guild) to get someplace to shack up. The Arch-Mage's Quarters are very nice. The Abandoned House in Markarth will do as well. Also, you can lead a hostile thug or monster into town and have it kill a home owner. No penalty for taking the key off of a dead body.

* BROKEN A.I. MOUNTAIN: The move side-to-side and constantly jump while pushing forward technique is a must for mountain climbing. Often you can avoid staged monsters and place yourself out of the enemies reach by coming in from the mountains instead of a path.

* LET THE BOY WATCH: Find Meeko's Dog, hire an NPC and summon a Fire Atronoch. That's usually enough to take on even 4+ Falmer at a time.

* PUT THE POTION IN THE BASKET: Selling potions worked in Oblivion and Morrowind. Work here too for easy money (especially when the loot sucks at level 1)

Edited by theloon

BROKEN A.I. MOUNTAIN: The move side-to-side and constantly jump while pushing forward technique is a must for mountain climbing. Often you can avoid staged monsters and place yourself out of the enemies reach by coming in from the mountains instead of a path.

I do that, but it usually helps me to jump and push forward diagonally in spots where the terrain changes. You can usually jump up to high places that other people might give up on. Sometimes it can be tough to find the sweet spots, but it's worth it.

Up to Level 18 now, thanks to a six hour gaming session last night. Time to play has been hard to come by (got in 30 minutes on Monday and none at all on Sunday and Tuesday, for example) so it felt good to sit down and knock off some quests.

Still using the Dawnbreaker as my sword. Great weapon. Got it from doing one of the Deadric quests, and with a damage of 25, it's still the strongest one handed sword I've found so far. Plus the enhancement is awsome. It not only sets your foes on fire, but it's especily wicked aganist undead creatures. When a undead monster goes down thanks to it, he 'explodes' and does major damage for anyone else in his area. One or two swipes is enough to bring down most lower level creatures.

Still putting money away to be able to buy that 250k house in Solitude. 100k left to go.... :lol:

Here's a tip for anyone who might be as dense as I am. Before you pay a shop owner to train you, make sure you have a bunch of expensive stuff to sell to them right after training. For example, I asked a woman to train me and she went from having 750 gold to over 9,000 gold, thanks to me, but all of the stuff I could sell to her was in another city in my house. I went to my house and grabbed a bunch of stuff, but when I got back, she only had 750 gold again.

I could have gotten training and all of that gold back.

The Steed Stone sounds handy, but so does the one that gives a 15 percent boost to all skills across the board. I didn't realize there were so many other stones! I've still being using the Warrior Stone, but since my character is a heavy armor wearing, one sword slashing, get in there and hack and slash dude, getting those combat skills up faster for a low level character was really helpfull.

I'm working on unlocking the bonuses in Heavy Armor to allow me to do what the Steed Stone offers (no weight or speed peanlty for ehavy armor) but it's temping to take the Steed Stone to help for now.

Still can't beat a troll. :lol:

I like to hunt the Mammoths and the giants! At first they were pretty difficult, but now Ive got A glass bow and ebony armor so I can with stand the blows that impede my character....

In lieu of awesome equipment you can either stand on a ledge they cant pathfind to or stand in water and they wont get near you. Fireball fireball fireball. Repeat. Oh, and hired companions and dogs wont die even if bashed 50 feet in the air by a club. Giants let them kneel and recover (at least at level 1).

Edited by theloon

The Steed Stone sounds handy, but so does the one that gives a 15 percent boost to all skills across the board. I didn't realize there were so many other stones! I've still being using the Warrior Stone, but since my character is a heavy armor wearing, one sword slashing, get in there and hack and slash dude, getting those combat skills up faster for a low level character was really helpfull.

I'm working on unlocking the bonuses in Heavy Armor to allow me to do what the Steed Stone offers (no weight or speed peanlty for ehavy armor) but it's temping to take the Steed Stone to help for now.

Still can't beat a troll. :lol:

Trolls are real buggers until you can spam fireballs and harass with Fire Atronachs. I was greatly helped by the Arch Mages Robes and the Mask of Morokei. Really, after that is just figuring out a good spot they can't pathfind to. Usually on a mountain ledge or a rooftop. Hired muscle can help but also get in the way of your ranged attacks :P

I like to hunt the Mammoths and the giants! At first they were pretty difficult, but now Ive got A glass bow and ebony armor so I can with stand the blows that impede my character....

If you can shoot ice spikes out of your hands, you can kill a giant with 2 or 3 shots. He won't even have a chance to get near you.

I remember playing fallout 3 and purposely destroying every NPC I came across....keeping vital ones around like the main story characters that couldnt die and the shops.....anyone trying that out on Skyrim....?

Seems like the soildiers are a pian in the butt...would they stop you from beating the game?

It's too bad that the person or people in charge of the text used in Skyrim don't know the difference between the words bring and take:

http://englishplus.com/grammar/00000192.htm

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/bring-versus-take.aspx

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/bring.html

Seems like every other message is "bring this item to that person."

Got it yesterday (among Forza 4, Dance Central 2).....it's been fun so far.

Some things that do bother me: the graphics aren't what I would call top notch. The characters hover over the ground from time to time and while fighting the graphics aren't that precise either. Swinging and hitting takes some practice and imagination I'm afraid.

Hopefully, the scope of the game will entertain for more than some weeks.

Oh yes, and I find text not very legible on my new HDTV. But that could be since I'm not using HDMI cable yet. The TV tells me it's at 480p. HDMI should give me 720p then.

Edited by Paul Humbug

I remember playing fallout 3 and purposely destroying every NPC I came across....keeping vital ones around like the main story characters that couldnt die and the shops.....anyone trying that out on Skyrim....?

Seems like the soildiers are a pian in the butt...would they stop you from beating the game?

If the guards are like Oblivion they probably respawn. You'd have to stealth kill the non-essential NPCs. I suspect shopkeepers and some villagers just get replaced by other generic ones. Of course, some non-essential NPCs have real quests. Living off of the Radiant-AIs "infinite quests" is hella lame.

To add on to my last note -- NOW I need advise on beating a giant. Anyone, someone, help! :lol:

I'm Level 22 now and in doing quests in the Dawnstar region (only the forth town I've poked my nose into) and have two bounties to beat up a local giant -- one from the Jarl and one from the Inn. I'm using to charging in and dealing heavy damage with my Dawnbreaker and taking it with my Heavy Armor, and that just won't work with a giant. Any help would be wonderfull.