IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

To add on to my last note -- NOW I need advise on beating a giant. Anyone, someone, help! :lol:

I'm Level 22 now and in doing quests in the Dawnstar region (only the forth town I've poked my nose into) and have two bounties to beat up a local giant -- one from the Jarl and one from the Inn. I'm using to charging in and dealing heavy damage with my Dawnbreaker and taking it with my Heavy Armor, and that just won't work with a giant. Any help would be wonderfull.

If you haven't completed the Theives Guild quests Mercer Frey can be added to your party. When he asks you to hunt down a certain someone meet him at the destination AND DO NOT COMPLETE THE QUEST. Unlike most times the game will not replace your hired companion. If you find Meeko's Dog, hire a mercenary and summon an Atronach you can have 4 computer controlled allies to fight the Giant for you.

Like I said before, as soon as you get the ability to shoot ice spikes out of your hands (where you use both hands to shoot one big ice spike), you can kill a giant with a few 'shots' from a distance. Ice spikes are fun.

Okay, I hafta admit ice spikes are 'bout it 'bout it. I just killed Krosis by hiding behind the edge of a cliff he can't pathfind to and spamed ice spikes and firebolts. Don't bother summoning atronachs as he just counters with his own.

Good times.

Edited by theloon

I just hit 50 hours in and there is really no sign of this thing ending haha. My mom just asked me today what happens when you beat the game. I told her as far as I can tell, you can't :P

*SPOILER*

Going through the Thieves Guild now and it looks like I still need to finish up a few jobs for Delvin and Vex. On one of the missions, he sent me to Winterhold where I ended up killing a rival guild leader and WOW his armor is almost perfect for my character. Bonuses for sneaking, one handed weapons, and the bow. Great stuff :D

Like I said before, as soon as you get the ability to shoot ice spikes out of your hands (where you use both hands to shoot one big ice spike), you can kill a giant with a few 'shots' from a distance. Ice spikes are fun.

Okay, I hafta admit ice spikes are 'bout it 'bout it. I just killed Krosis by hiding behind the edge of a cliff he can't pathfind to and spamed ice spikes and firebolts. Don't bother summoning atronachs as he just counters with his own.

Good times.

If you hit krosis with Ice Form on the cliff side, he'll comicly spin out of control for about 20 minutes

Edited by Skarrj

How do you know how many hours? I don't see it on the stats page.

I think it's listed next to the game save.

Oh, it's the second line below your name and level. Thanks.

I'm at level 43 and I've been playing for 334 hours. (If time ticks away when the game is paused, then I haven't been playing that long.)

I'm at level 43 and I've been playing for 334 hours. (If time ticks away when the game is paused, then I haven't been playing that long.)

Yes that is the problem with the hours played. If you set down the controller and go do something else...it's counts as being played.

My numbers get bloated because I do that a lot.

• Like 2

Yeah... this seems to be unique to Skyrim. I always save before I walk away and reload when I come back so my time played will be somewhat accurate. If you frequently pause and walk away then your time played is probably highly bloated. At level 43 I would expect probably half that many hours of actual play time.

• Like 1

Yes that is the problem with the hours played. If you set down the controller and go do something else...it's counts as being played.

My numbers get bloated because I do that a lot.

This generally happens to me on most RPGs.

I was just selling some stuff and here's something weird: My gold is 155555 (that's a one and five fives).

post-13-0-89036800-1324789816_thumb.png

I wasn't paying attention, then saw all of those fives down there. It won't be that way for long. I have more stuff to sell.

Just got this today and I am loving it! Playing a stealthy very lightly armored argonian archer/thief, very pleased with the way the bow works in this game, in past elderscrolls titles they never where much fun to me, at lower levels they had seemingly no stopping power and piss poor accuracy, but in this one I just love popping people in the head from long range with my gals bow and getting stealthy one shot kills. And with the ability to melee with your bow in close quarters the need for a back up weapon if the enemy gets close no longer seems as necessary(though still carrying an shield and short sword just incase), which just means more stuff for me to steal. :evil: I just finished up the quest to retrieve the golden claw and man was it fun, really loved the dungeon design, can't wait to see the later ones.

Does this game ever end? Just starting the Companions Questline and so far this one has been awesome too. Just got to a part where my 80 sneak made an otherwise tough mission pretty easy :D

Seemed like it might go on forever, but I'm at a point where I'm kind of struggling to find things to do that aren't tedious or the same thing over and over.

Haha experienced fighting a giant for the first time today. Stumbled upon him and his mammon near witchmist. Initially tried killing him out in the open but being at a low level I did very little damage before he creamed me and smashed me a mile into the sky. So I then decided to try pressing his buttons once I noticed that he didn't attack on site. I did this by repeatedly ran into his camp and stole all his shit bit by bit. Once I stole his mammoth cheese though he started chasing me, after much running away I found a rock he could get very close to me but couldn't hit me from and I just filled his head with arrows. lol Then did this same to his mammoth though that took much longer. Speaking of witchmist are all the witches automatically hostile or did the witch there only get pissy because I killed the witch Anise near Riverwood?

Does this game ever end? Just starting the Companions Questline and so far this one has been awesome too. Just got to a part where my 80 sneak made an otherwise tough mission pretty easy :D

Seemed like it might go on forever, but I'm at a point where I'm kind of struggling to find things to do that aren't tedious or the same thing over and over.

I hear you, but I don't think I'll make it to 300+ hours like you did haha. Once I start getting bored I'll do the main quest and see if I still want to play.

I'm already beating my record by 25 hours (had ~30 on Fallout 3).

About 50 hours in, Level 28, and still going strong. Some of the quests are similar but there's always enough stuff for all the factions to keep me busy. The Deadrea ones are very interesting, as are the College of Wimterhold and Thiefs Guild missions. Also, I understand once I start doing the Civil War quests they involve full scale battles where I'll need to charge into the town and clear hostiles.

I'm not doing anything with either that or the Main Quest until I get a bunch of other stuff done, like becoming a Thane in each town and doing most of the faction quests. That will probaly take till the summer. :lol:

• Like 1

Just started playing, its all I want to do, so I have to force myself to ignore it every other day while I am on break. Once school starts back up next Tuesday I'll only be able to play on weekends until May 31st :_(

Don't be a slave to the man! Tell your students that the game is educational and that they have to watch you play.

• Like 1

It WOULD be interesting to bring in some systems/games and have a side lesson on 'the march of technology -- then and now' and start off with a Pong system, move on the Atari 2600, the NES, SNES, PS1, and then 360, with a game for each. You can end with Skyrim as a great example of how things have progressed in the last 30 years. :lol:

Totally understand what Foxy is going through. Awsome game and still loving it. Level 29 and still working on the faction/misc quests. I'm doing the College of Winterhold ones right now.

Side note -- I discovered something cool in my last game session. I was in Breezehome, my house in Whiterun, putting things away into the chest. By accident I hit the wrong button and used a Shout inside the house. A short time later when I was moving around the two, a courier stopped me and said he had a note. Reading it, it was from 'a friend' and said some people were impressed by the Shout I did in Breezhome and that the Dragonborn was a threat, and told me where I could find another word for a Shout at. Looks like I stumbled on a way to unlock a misc quest by accident! I'm going to have to try doing Shouts in other homes I own and other towns. Anyone else notice/did this?

Edited by SoulBlazer

It WOULD be interesting to bring in some systems/games and have a side lesson on 'the march of technology -- then and now' and start off with a Pong system, move on the Atari 2600, the NES, SNES, PS1, and then 360, with a game for each. You can end with Skyrim as a great example of how things have progressed in the last 30 years. :lol:

Totally understand what Foxy is going through. Awsome game and still loving it. Level 29 and still working on the faction/misc quests. I'm doing the College of Winterhold ones right now.

Side note -- I discovered something cool in my last game session. I was in Breezehome, my house in Whiterun, putting things away into the chest. By accident I hit the wrong button and used a Shout inside the house. A short time later when I was moving around the two, a courier stopped me and said he had a note. Reading it, it was from 'a friend' and said some people were impressed by the Shout I did in Breezhome and that the Dragonborn was a threat, and told me where I could find another word for a Shout at. Looks like I stumbled on a way to unlock a misc quest by accident! I'm going to have to try doing Shouts in other homes I own and other towns. Anyone else notice/did this?

Wow that's random but really cool! I came across something similar where I was walking through a valley and making my way up the side of the mountain when I suddenly came across a Dragon. I wasn't ready to face him and the only cover was this small hut. I broke in and I found a necromancer inside who didn't seem to like me very much. I ended up killing him and looting the house. A short time later a courier came up to me and gave me a note. I don't remember exactly what the note said (this was ~45 game hours ago) but it was something like so and so didn't appreciate you trespassing in so and so's house so be warned. Since then I've had a few merc groups come after me and I think it all goes back to that incident.