IGNORED

Elder Scrolls V Skyrim discussion

moycon

You can marry but I read that there may be a bug in the game that prevents you from marrying sweet Lydia. Try googling that. :P

Ugh Suckage.

Odd thing though. I told her it was time to part ways, and she says no problem she'll be at her house if I need anything and where does she go? MY BREEZEHOME HOUSE!!

I'm telling you guys, she's hot for me!!

• Like 1

Well, she should go back to Dragonreach's dining hall if you don't have a house. But maybe it could just be your super magnetism... :D

It could be my Strong Potion of Studliness. Ah yes it's good to be a alchemist.

About 2k more and I'll have a second house in Riften. I wonder if it will also come with a hooke....errrr I mean housecarl as well.

Can anyone give me a hint for one of the misc quests?

I'm trying to find that wanted Redguard woman in Whiterun somewhere who is wanted by those two guys.

Havn't played through this quest all the way yet, but I believe I found her in the inn...

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but man.... I have to stop talking to everyone I meet. I now have Quests up the ying-yang and not sure which ones to undertake and which ones to ignore until later in the game.

I have everything from eradicating Bandits to killing an Ice Wraith to seeking out people to visiting towns to finding lost items... on and on and on.

I guess I shouldn't complain as at least life won't be dull in Skyrim but the number of quests you can obtain just by talking to people is amazing.

Mendon

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but man.... I have to stop talking to everyone I meet.

Yeah right now I'm focusing on clearing out the backlog of side quests. I've easily hit the achievement for 50 misc side quests, and plan on taking out about 10 more quests before even thinking of taking more on.

I've gotten some of these misc quests, but which area do you get most of these at by talking to people? Whiterun? Some other city?

I'm planning on doing for this game what I did for the other two games -- just collectign quests and then going around from town to town when I have 2-3 I can do in a area.

I've gotten some of these misc quests, but which area do you get most of these at by talking to people? Whiterun? Some other city?

I'm planning on doing for this game what I did for the other two games -- just collectign quests and then going around from town to town when I have 2-3 I can do in a area.

They come from all over and often time have you traveling to remote area to find a sword or deliver a message sometime halfway across the map, so they aren't always local to the area.

You usually just need to talk to people, but I've even gotten some quests reading a book. When talking to people, sometimes there will be a choice to ask them for work, other times you will get a message asking a question that leads to a quest after you've over heard them talking to someone else. Example : After over hearing a person talking about being upset with some dark elves, there is a choice "Did I hear you mention you don't like dark elves?" which leads to a misc quest.

I don't know if anyone else agrees, but man.... I have to stop talking to everyone I meet. I now have Quests up the ying-yang and not sure which ones to undertake and which ones to ignore until later in the game.

I have everything from eradicating Bandits to killing an Ice Wraith to seeking out people to visiting towns to finding lost items... on and on and on.

I guess I shouldn't complain as at least life won't be dull in Skyrim but the number of quests you can obtain just by talking to people is amazing.

Mendon

I'd start with the bandits since you can use that fast travel spot in the future to get closer to places you've never been before and there are usually alchemy, cooking, and other spots there as well as beds.

Right now I'm a level 21 Wood Elf and can finish the Thieves Guild quest line, however there is a particular AMAZINGLY great special item I'd have to get rid of, as far as I know, in order to finish the quest line. So for awhile now I'll be doing miscellaneous quests and will work on getting to The Dark Brotherhood. So far I've slain about 5 dragons and randomly absorbed a dragon's soul. I found the fights pretty easy, except the one fight where there was a guy with a fire staff that butchered my health. I honestly think Frost Trolls were more challenging compared to the fights, but they were more fun.

Here is something I am wondering. When I travel i hit and clear almost every random cave, crypt, outpost I come across. If there is a quest related to any of those places I have already cleared (but have not recieved the quest yet), will those places repopulate with creatures, or will it negate the associated quest?

I am loving the fact that straff jumping still lets you climb up mountains you really shouldn't be able too.

Edited by Skarrj

Here is something I am wondering. When I travel i hit and clear almost every random cave, crypt, outpost I come across. If there is a quest related to any of those places I have already cleared (but have not recieved the quest yet), will those places repopulate with creatures, or will it negate the associated quest?

Well I can tell you this. One time I had entered a ruin and made my way through it till it was cleared taking all the goods I wanted.

Later I talked to someone at a town and they asked me to find an item, and my next choice of conversation was "you mean this item" and I was able to complete the quest seconds after I got it! Not sure what would have happened if I had say, sold or dropped the item somewhere.

Well I can tell you this. One time I had entered a ruin and made my way through it till it was cleared taking all the goods I wanted.

Later I talked to someone at a town and they asked me to find an item, and my next choice of conversation was "you mean this item" and I was able to complete the quest seconds after I got it! Not sure what would have happened if I had say, sold or dropped the item somewhere.

This is the same thing that happened to me, the one Mage in Whiterun I think. I have a few quest items I've tried to store in the chest in my house, but the game wouldn't let me. I think the game does that with all the major items, just like the game won't let you kill a Jarl or certain people. I'm currently doing The Companions quest line and it is pretty interesting.

Edited by xenomorpher

I am loving the fact that straff jumping still lets you climb up mountains you really shouldn't be able too.

I believe that, like Oblivion, the games dungeons do repopulate after a little bit of time. But, unlike Oblivion, they will only repopulate with inhabitants the same level as when you entered. In Oblivion the places were filled with things leveled according to the leveled list or your level no matter what. In Skyrim the game remembers your level when you enter. The level of the things inside is based on the difficulty that is intended for the location as that difficulty relates to your level.

This is the same thing that happened to me, the one Mage in Whiterun I think. I have a few quest items I've tried to store in the chest in my house, but the game wouldn't let me. I think the game does that with all the major items

Ah yes you're right. i have seen that as well. Probably means you can't drop or sell them either. Makes sense.

See point #1 :lol:

• Like 1

Well, I'm on vacation now but I got some game time in on Wed night, about five hours. Fought my first dragon as part of the main quest, and got the one to see the Graybears. Also started the Companion questline and got some misc quests I intend to do before contiuing the main quest.

The dragon fight was pretty nasty, but I was only about Level 6. Had to load and try again several times. Finally managed to get lucky when he landed close to me and was so busy attacking others I could stay on his flank and wail at him. I learned my lesson about not being in front of him when he could chomp me. :-o

It figures that one of the places I had explored for a misc quest had tons of elephent trunks and now I need one for a misc quest! :)

It's going to be over a week before I get back and can play again, and by then all of you guys are going to be so far ahead of me.

Trying to save money up to buy a house, I have about half the cost.

Also I had a experience similar to the one about the guy with the horse. Aproacing one of the bandit camps to kill everyone there for a bounty (misc quest) I ran into a stray dog. Didn't think much of it and didn't even notice he was folowing me. Apraoching the camp I veered off to attack two bandits who came from inside and when I finished the battle I went into the camp and found three guys dead and the dog standing over their bodies! :lol:

I read a book and one of my skills increased. I wasn't expecting some kind of Viking yell when it happened, so I thought someone was attacking from behind and almost pooped my pants.

I tried to play some last night, but I couldn't read the text, so I bought a 24 inch Samsung monitor today. Now I can read everything.

I was about ready to give up on Skyrim as it seemed my game was "broke" and I couldn't figure out why. Two things happened:

1) I bought Breezehome in White Run but couldn't buy any furnishings for it. No matter how many times on different "game time" days that I went to the guy that I purchased the house from, he never game me the option to purchase anything. He'd only give me quests or the history of the city.

2) I finally decided to try taking a "companion" with me for a bit to see what it was like. I decided to try the Bard first but all he told me was "You already have someone with you". Huh??? Went to Lydia... "You already have someone with you". Double Huh??? Went to Ormon (or whatever his name is) in the Wizard College.... "You already have someone with you". Okay... you people are all crazy!!!

I thought my game might be totally broke as I had taken on no companions and there was no reason for not being able to buy furnishings for my home. And if these error's were showing up now, what else might I miss out on if I continued on?

Suddenly I had a thought... or some might say brain fart.... and went back over my Quest list. Ahhhhhh.... what's this Quest for the Companions where I was to meet a fellow companion and recover a lost sword shard. Hmmm... could this be?

So I went, met my fellow Companion, and completed the quest. While back in White Run, I went to the Jarl's place and could now purchase furnishing for my home. Went to Lydia and she was now more than willing to accompany me.

So I guess the moral of the story is that some quests need to be completed or the game won't open up some storylines or features. The problem is: how can you tell which quest to complete to avoid the little problems like I encountered?

Mendon

Edited by Mendon