IGNORED

Magnavox Odyssey - Signed by Ralph Baer (Inventor of Video Games)

vgcollector666

Well...I'm sad to say it, but I'm selling one of my most prized possessions due to financial reasons...so here it is, my autographed Magnavox Odyssey. Please pass this around to other collectors, I want to get the word out that this is for sale, it's unlikely that you'll ever see another like this for sale.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2708507673901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270850767390&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Well...I'm sad to say it, but I'm selling one of my most prized possessions due to financial reasons...so here it is, my autographed Magnavox Odyssey. Please pass this around to other collectors, I want to get the word out that this is for sale, it's unlikely that you'll ever see another like this for sale.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2708507673901?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270850767390&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I see this going to RobotkingNES at which point he'll relist it for $10,000. He does after all own 94.7% of all Odyssey 1 units ever made doesn't he? :grin:

I actually know RobotKingNES pretty well. And I know he he told you that he couldnt buy the system because Ralph isnt okay with people selling his signature. I also know for a fact that he has a few in his possession that he promised he wouldnt sell until Ralph passes on. I know his selling style upsets many people but I will say this. When you buy from him you know what your getting and its quality. He has sold me many items at very fair prices. He asks a premium for the systems he has but the does have them repaired and shows them working which is rare on ebay. Maybe the price is a little high but people do buy them.

Anyway my point is that it is not fair to come on here and claim that he tried to buy it from you at the listing price when that is not the case.

You can think that if you may but Robot King Nes is 70 years old. I doubt he will out live Ralph. you can say what ever you want but its kind of sad to call a seller "bad" because they buy and make a profit. Isnt that the point of capitalism. Free markets set the price for items. If people never paid the prices he couldnt charge them.

You can think that if you may but Robot King Nes is 70 years old. I doubt he will out live Ralph. you can say what ever you want but its kind of sad to call a seller "bad" because they buy and make a profit. Isnt that the point of capitalism. Free markets set the price for items. If people never paid the prices he couldnt charge them.

Buying up all Odysseys to monopolize the market and milking the collectors community is bad behavior. No one needs a seller like him.

• Like 3

He can sell and ask whatever he wants. This is America (for now) after all. It just leaves a bad taste in many people's mouths when one person buys up an entire market and uses that leverage to sell an item for heavily inflated prices because you just can't find it anywhere else. Just one man's opinion though. (One man that has been looking for a reasonably priced Odyssey system for a while now).

Edited by Atari_Bill

They often sneak by without him winning.I myself have had many odyssey systems. most didnt work right when I bought them and unless you can repair them yourself it gets quit costly. Thats what I was saying about his systems. At least they work. Keep trying and you should find one cheap, just know they are very tempermental and dont be surprised if your first one doesn't work. Of the 7 US odysseys I have owned only 2 worked perfectly

If I had known I could have sold you one but I just sold my two spare systems. Best of luck.

Edited by njb12287

I too sometimes do not care for RobotKingNES practices but have bought from him. I have to say out of the 5 Odysseys I have bought his works perfect. The rest not the best. I had to open them up and tweak them but got them to work ok. Plus he did give me one hell of a deal. If you look around enough you can get an odyssey for a good price. Just hope it works. RobotKingNES has always sold me quality products whether I agree with some his practices or not.

I haven't bought anything from RobotKingNES, but I did ask him a question about an Odyssey I had just purchased off eBay and was trying to get working. His response was very helpful, and he even emailed me his photo guide for troubleshooting the Odyssey. I eventually got the unit to work thanks to his guide. I understand why some are annoyed at him, but he was generous to me, a complete stranger who wrote him out of the blue.