IGNORED

I got my Atari to control my Nintendo R.O.B. Robot!

Pioneer4x4

Well another year or so, and I'm back on. Mainly to post bad news. While I was apparenlty visiting some nefarious site or somehow. I got a ransomware program to hit my PC. It encrypted tons of crap, I may be able to get it back, not sure yet. All of what I have considered important (Primarily family pictures/videos) was backed up and is restored fine. BUT, it got my Atari development folder and my source code and documentation. I never worried about it, because I wrote it, and could just re-write it. But the learning curve would have to start over, and I probably wouldn't bother. I'm sure I have at least a copy of the bin somewhere. I also lost the code where I was controlling SEGA/Generic 3D Glasses with the 2600 and displaying (Very Crude!) alternating images timed to each lens shutter.

Luckily this was all so long ago, it is probably well before all of my current drives, so it may be tucked away on an old IDE drive in my stack under the desk.

Well I found some of the bin files, so I have the rom images I made, but no source code yet. I fired up the ancient DOS/Windows 98 machine that my eprom burner needs (it has a propriatary ISA card). It has a folder on it from December 2011 with several files I made. I always said I would release it, never got around to it. How should I make it publicly available? I don't want the Atari world to lose out on anything becase of a stupid PC issue caused by some damn jackass trying to extort money from people. I caught it and stopped it barely in time before it hit anything very important to me, but I still think I have a copy of the source code somewhere, even if in a printout.

I FOUND IT ALL, WHOO HOO.

I upgraded to a SSD HD for my C: in May 2016. I put my old C: 500 GB drive on a shelf with all of my other old HDs. SO, since I haven't done sqaut Atari wise in years, I have it all. My source code for the ROB carts the source code for the 3D glasses I had working on a 2600, I think everything.

SO those fargin 'bastages didn't cost me a penny, and I didn't lose anything that I really cared about.

• Like 1

Fantastic news.

Is the moral of the story that procrastination can save you lots of trouble?

:-D

-Jason

And face it, most of us with Atari crap are tech/gadget nuts, and hoarders. And the combination of those 2 things is what saved me.

I am still going through it trying to find another project where I was programming a microcontroller to control all of the 2600 switches from a KeyBoard controller. I think I had it basically completed, but I need the code for it. I don't recall any of what I was doing on it.

Basically, the 12 buttons were assigned in pairs to toggle all 6 switches (including the power) on and off from a keyboard controller. My initial goal was to make the perfect "Phasor Patrol" setup, and expand on that. So you would have a keypad like in Star Raiders controlling shields and everything else that the diff/color switches did.

Why not just upload directly to the forums?

Should I just post it here in a message, or on the Batari Basic forum? That is where I learned it all and what I used. I used to live on this site, but haven't been on in years. My spare time is all LEGO or my 1967 El Camino related now. I have seriously thought about selling off 95% of my Atari stuff.