IGNORED

What if classic FPS games had been made today...

Pengwin

Not strictly about modern gaming, more about modern game design.

I saw a post on another forum that pointed this out.

The videos below show what might have happened if Quake or Doom were made today. These are not graphical updates, just someone's attempt to show people what is wrong with FPS's today.

The videos are quite short, but they do get the message across:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4yIxUOWrtw&sns=em

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU&sns=em

• Like 3

Still, These days, Given the choice, I'd MUCH rather play a FPS like Prey or Crysis 2 than DOOM.

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree. I loved Prey, and it could not have worked without the cut-scenes to progress the story.

However, particularly if I've started a game from the beginning again, some of the hand-holding can be a real pain. But the worst things I find, and more likely to make me give up in frustration, are unskippable cut-scenes, and the poitless ones.

• Like 1

I think that was the point actually ;) Their just showing it a bit magnified, but other than that, it's an all to common problem in modern FPS.

I loved on the Quake game "graphics Y/N" And the dude clicked it and the screen just went blank. LOL, sad thing is, if I made a game, I'd probably have something like that....just for shits and giggles :lol: