IGNORED

need help on a 5200 4 port

tommy2112

i just found my atari 4port system when cleaning out my parents garage and the problem i'am having is it wont power up , the power supply and rf box have all tested good , i get no red light when i push the power button ! could it be a bad on/off switch ? or just junk , i dont remember it not working when i moved out of parents house , is there a fix for it ? or should i just toss it in the trash ? any help would be appreciated thanks

it would cost me more then $10 just to ship it

i think i'll just list it on ebay , i would think the controllers ,games and rf box would be worth something (more then $10),i would include the power supply but i cut it open to check the fuse and it was good

Edited by tommy2112

Several things it could be. Could be the power switch, or could be a few other things I've read on here. Open it up, it's real simple to open up, and check the power switch to see if something is loose, I would check the switchbox since that is where you get the power from and see if it's coroded, might just need to clean it up for a better connection. Not sure how the cable connects on a 4 port, I know my cable to the TV can come out on the 2 port system, not sure if it comes out or is permanent on the 4 port, but if that's loose then you wouldn't have power either. Worse comes to worse, you do what I had to do with my 2 port system and that is contact Best and get a new motherboard for 35 or 40, not sure what a 4 port board costs, I know mine was 35 and it works great now.

well i took it apart and i do not see anything loose or burnt , i'am just going to give up on it ...if anyone wants it i will sell everything for 61.80 with free shipping in the lower 48 states

if you want pics just ask , my email is chevyz28camaro2002@yahoo.com

you get

atari 5200 4-port console(broken/non working)the door cover were the controllers go is also broken but included

rf box

power supply(it works you will have to glue it back together

2 controllers

6 games

games are

pacman x 2

centipede

ms pacman

mario brothers

pole position

Are you interested in having a working 4 port system? I have a working extra with a PSU and the switch box. Just haven't gotten around to posting it in the market place and figuring out how to ship it. PM me if interested.

maybe but i'am not looking to spend a whole bunch ,all i need is a new or working used motherboard i have everything else

Are you interested in having a working 4 port system? I have a working extra with a PSU and the switch box. Just haven't gotten around to posting it in the market place and figuring out how to ship it. PM me if interested.

maybe but i'am not looking to spend a whole bunch ,all i need is a new or working used motherboard i have everything else

I'm not looking for a ton of money. Honestly, I don't know what a bare console with it's TV adapter is worth. I've been very busy, so that is why it still sits here in my family room along with a bunch of other misc stuff I'd like to find new homes for. I suspect shipping is going to be an issue.

PM me an offer if interested. No big worries if you would rather unload your stuff elsewhere or want to sell Rex Dart the controllers. I'm sure once I get around to posting at the market place, someone will want it.

I'm not looking for a ton of money. Honestly, I don't know what a bare console with it's TV adapter is worth. I've been very busy, so that is why it still sits here in my family room along with a bunch of other misc stuff I'd like to find new homes for. I suspect shipping is going to be an issue.

PM me an offer if interested. No big worries if you would rather unload your stuff elsewhere or want to sell Rex Dart the controllers. I'm sure once I get around to posting at the market place, someone will want it.

thanks but i'am just going to sell what i have , i just listed it in the market

Usually its the 4 port proprietary switchbox

These will sometimes fail if improperly hooked up. The power cord to the wall socket should be the last thing plugged in. You know it works if you hear the relay click when you plug in the power. There is also an off chance the Switchbox RCA jack might have broke loose on the PCB. It is not solidly supported internally especially with the RCA cable hanging off it. I had this problem on mine, fixed with a simple solder remelt.