IGNORED

Mario Kart 7

atari2600land

According to IGN, the game uses the gyroscope to tilt the system to drive the kart. Source: http://ds.ign.com/ar.../1210621p1.html My question is is there a way or option to just drive the kart with the joystick? That would suck if there isn't.

Yeah, you can use the Circle Pad. The gyroscope is just an option.

I won't lie, I too will be all over this.

Mario Kart 7? Bloody hell, talking about 'flogging a dead horse'.

Does Nintendo actually make orginal games?

Yeah, why can't Nintendo be like the other companies, who never, ever make sequels?

I know, but No 7?? I guess gamers nowadays are easily pleased, easy for companies....make the same game, slap a number on it, million seller.

naysayers, do your research. that's seven games since the original 1992 SNES game. not one Nintendo system had two Mario Kart games in its lineup. each game offered something new on top of throwback levels.

MK has nothing on many other series in regards to quantity such as Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors, Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

so yeah, kwitcherbitchin.

Edited by bomberpunk

Yeah, why can't Nintendo be like the other companies, who never, ever make sequels?

I know, but No 7?? I guess gamers nowadays are easily pleased, easy for companies....make the same game, slap a number on it, million seller.

... as opposed to the classic era, when they didn't even bother to slap a number on it? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of like Final Phantasie.. is it ever Final? Lol!

naysayers, do your research. that's seven games since the original 1992 SNES game. not one Nintendo system had two Mario Kart games in its lineup. each game offered something new on top of throwback levels.

MK has nothing on many other series in regards to quantity such as Dynasty Warriors / Samurai Warriors, Silent Hill or Resident Evil.

so yeah, kwitcherbitchin.

kwitcherbitchen! Funny!!! :D

To be fair, the "same" game in this case features different tracks, levels and such :P And some of us are going to definitely be on this like flies on a dead horse.

Now....when are the going to do a FZero3D??!

Edited by Video
  • Like 1

Mario Kart 7? Bloody hell, talking about 'flogging a dead horse'. Does Nintendo actually make orginal games?

Yeah, because Space Invaders and Joust and Frogger didn't get released a dozen times each in the 80's.

• Like 2

3DS games has Manual on the carts :-/

Not all of them. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are the only two retail games I've seen that have the manuals in the carts. I wish more companies would do that.

I was originally going to put this game on my Christmas List, but now I'm having second thoughts. I want this game right now!

Edited by Animan

Not all of them. Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7 are the only two retail games I've seen that have the manuals in the carts. I wish more companies would do that.

Not that there's a problem with digital manuals, but I wish we still had the actual manuals. $40 and no manual, but they can still cram printed advertisements in the case? Doesn't seem right.

• Like 1

Not that there's a problem with digital manuals, but I wish we still had the actual manuals. $40 and no manual, but they can still cram printed advertisements in the case? Doesn't seem right.

I agree with you. It was a cost saving maneuver (an argument, I guess, can be made that it was an environmental measure too I suppose). A cost saving maneuver that the gamers don't benefit from. I'd rather pay $40 and get a physical copy of a manual then pay $40 and not get one.

I don't mean to highjack this thread but I didn't want to start a new MK thread and since this is the MK 7 thread I thought I would ask it here. I was reading an article (I can't find it now but I think it was on IGN) about how some people would like MK better without the items and that MK 7 is the first MK that will allow you to turn items off in multiplayer races. I had never even considered this as MK, to me, has always been about hitting your friend with a red shell on the last straight away to take victory out of their grasps. Granted the blue shell has gotten a bit ridiculous in the past couple MKs but over all I don't think MK would be the same without items.

So where does everyone stand? Items or no items?

I don't mean to highjack this thread but I didn't want to start a new MK thread and since this is the MK 7 thread I thought I would ask it here. I was reading an article (I can't find it now but I think it was on IGN) about how some people would like MK better without the items and that MK 7 is the first MK that will allow you to turn items off in multiplayer races. I had never even considered this as MK, to me, has always been about hitting your friend with a red shell on the last straight away to take victory out of their grasps. Granted the blue shell has gotten a bit ridiculous in the past couple MKs but over all I don't think MK would be the same without items.

So where does everyone stand? Items or no items?

Well, that's a toughie.

In Super Smash Bros Brawl, I always thought of it this way:

-Turn items on for parties and more casual matches.

-Turn items off for tournaments and more serious matches.

In Mario Kart, though, it does sound weird to have no items on. It's what makes the games fun to me. Who knows, I can't judge it until I try (I might be picking the game up later today).

What the F(censor) Dude, items are a good chunk of what MADE the mario kart series. Without them, you just have a slow as hell FZero without the fun factor. I could see turning items off adding a new demension in a way, but I don't think many people are going to do it (unless they want to say, find out who is the legitimate better racer, minus items)

Oh,I meant to say to the OP, I'm sure youll be able to use the Dpad (or disc stick thing) One thing I really like about the 3DS so far, is it currently doesn't seem to be shoehorning stupid unneeded features into every game possible (or maybe I just have the wrong ones :P ) When I get a copy I'll see for myself, I guess.

It's a great MK. I tend to concentrate more on driving skills, finding and using short cuts and pick up whatever it throws at me. The most hated item to use is the tail.

But MK also reminds me that the 3DS is far from being ergonomic and losing the first place due to my hands experiencing unusual cramps isn't that great.

Edited by Paul Humbug

• 3 months later...