IGNORED

HSC8 Round 18 Donkey Kong & Jewel Bits

therealbountybob

85,000 for Donkey Kong.

I'll post a screenshot tomorrow since that's a big score for now. I have a feeling it won't be in a few days. ;-)

My best first level, one Mario score is 10,700.

I had a strange thing happen on the second red ramps/barrels board. I made it all the way to the top without jumping a single barrel. I never had that happen before. I didn't use a hammer or go up any half-ladders either. Just a lot of dodging and running up ladders at the last second.

Have seen that before doesn't happen too often though

latest tables:

Jewel Bits

1st Scalak 76,405 12pts

2nd bluecat 75,452 12pts*

3rd justin case 68,439 11pts*

4th McKong 29,332 9pts

5th therealbountybob 25,012 8pts

6th Deteacher 23,565 7pts

7th Philsan 2,200 6pts

8th roadrunner 1,287 5pts

9th Fres 678 4pts

* Bonus for completing game

Donkey Kong

1st McKong 164,100 (13,200) 14pts**

2nd Deteacher 124,100 11pts

3rd therealbountybob 124,000 (13,700) 13pts***

4th Scalak 89,000 9pts

5th LittlemanJack 85,000 (10,700) 9pts*

6th Fres 76,300 7pts

7th Chuckwalla 67,600 6pts

8th Goochman 45,600 5pts

9th justin case 40,200 4pts

10th Philsan 31,100 (9,900) 4pts*

* Bonuses for Level 1 (2 screens) in 1 man

Vote for next the next game here !

Can't believe I completed Jewel Bits! Thanks for your tips JC. Scored 75,452

:-o wow another one, I'm not getting anywhere close. Guess I need some more practice

Took me loads of goes! Kept getting stuck on level 13. Then tonight I just had one go and went straight through. My incentive is beating TRBB who is also stuck at 13. I can feel superior for at least a day hopefully!

I'm really pleased that not only have you beaten the game, but that you've also beaten 'Bob - I can imagine him doing nothing else but playing JB until he's got some revenge (I am, of course, in fits of giggles at his expense!!!!)

All joviality aside though, I think I'm going to have to give it another go (or 2) and [try to] re-capture the top spot - I wonder if work will mind me not turning in for a few days [scratches his head whilst pondering the possibility of the hamsters haemorrhoids playing up as being a suitable excuse for a company sanctioned JB marathon / snickers session.]

Hmmm, how much time have we got left on this round? Might have to wait until the weekend for a good session.

:-o wow another one, I'm not getting anywhere close. Guess I need some more practice

Took me loads of goes! Kept getting stuck on level 13. Then tonight I just had one go and went straight through. My incentive is beating TRBB who is also stuck at 13. I can feel superior for at least a day hopefully!

Well hopefully he'll go after your JB score and not my DK score, mind you judging on past performances he'll probably beat them both!

Improved on DK thanks to meretricious use of the hammer 138,300 :)

equalled the lv1 bonus 13,700 going for this every go is messing with my head when trying to play the normal levels! (think there's a bug: a barrel disappears if you run towards a few of them with the hammer, robbing you of the points!)

on today's JB go managed to beat level 13 and got to 17, score 38,359 :)

One of the you tube vids of DK (arcade) has a couple of things that I didn't know:

1 - on the rivets screen where DK falls if you stand next to him and jump and push right you get 100 'DK' pts each time - don't think we have this?

2 - if you have the hammer (only?) and quickly change directions you can influence the barrels to drop down the ladder rather than roll off the end ? - Anyone know about this and if we have it coded ?

also there's a video of the 'improved version' of A8 DK which looks and sounds nice... not sure if this is avaiable yet ?

post-19705-0-86253800-1322602756.jpg

post-19705-0-43804500-1322602764.jpg

post-19705-0-40683200-1322602776.jpg

Improved on DK thanks to meretricious use of the hammer 138,300 :)

equalled the lv1 bonus 13,700 going for this every go is messing with my head when trying to play the normal levels! (think there's a bug: a barrel disappears if you run towards a few of them with the hammer, robbing you of the points!)

on today's JB go managed to beat level 13 and got to 17, score 38,359 :)

One of the you tube vids of DK (arcade) has a couple of things that I didn't know:

1 - on the rivets screen where DK falls if you stand next to him and jump and push right you get 100 'DK' pts each time - don't think we have this?

2 - if you have the hammer (only?) and quickly change directions you can influence the barrels to drop down the ladder rather than roll off the end ? - Anyone know about this and if we have it coded ?

also there's a video of the 'improved version' of A8 DK which looks and sounds nice... not sure if this is avaiable yet ?

I've seen a vid of a guy, on the arcade version, ramping his score on the first level my jumping two barrels together twice, once on an upper level and then quickly running down the ladder to jump them again on the lower ladder. Can't do that in our version.

The sound on the improved version is great it sounds just like the arcade version

Not beaten my DK score, had another 130K go... still going to pieces on level 5!

Does anyone jump the springs ? I always run under them!

Vote for the next game!

Noop not tried jumping the springs, definitely wouldn't work on level 6 cos they bounce too close together!

Once you get the hang of it the spring screen (don't know it's proper name) it's the easiest one because the little goblin dudes don't have much of a free run and so it's pretty much the same each time unlike the other levels

I'm hope this is the last time I'll fight my way through this game.

Great score - see, even you couldn't stand me beating you!

Donkey Kong 11,600

That's so not true!!! - I just enjoy a challenge. And let's face it, anyone willing to go to the trouble of beating this 3 times is determined to shine, even if only for a moment. :)

If it makes you feel any better, it took me ages to nose ahead.

Edited by justin case