IGNORED

Suspect Cartridge Slot

idflyfish

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am going to try the technique that is recommended on mainbyte. One question though. Is contact cleaner really any better than Isoprophyl alcohol?

Also, on mainbyte it is suggested that you really don't need the felt and the felt retainer. What are your thoughts on that?

@kl99 It looks like Mike Dudeck's sight is no longer (http://www.texintreasures.com/) however he does sell on Ebay (http://myworld.ebay....984.m1543.l2533) .

I am going to try the technique that is recommended on mainbyte. One question though. Is contact cleaner really any better than Isoprophyl alcohol?

Also, on mainbyte it is suggested that you really don't need the felt and the felt retainer. What are your thoughts on that?

Isopropyl alcohol should be fine as long as it's 100%(or close)---not rubbing alcohol, which is typically 70%.

I'd lose the felt strip, I think.

...lee

The felt helps keep bigger pieces of dirt, hair, etc. out. Unless it is damaged, I would keep it. I second Lee's alcohol recommendation; the stuff you get at the store is not going to be pure enough and will leave a residue. I buy 99.9% alcohol from Mouser for my circuit board work. Also make sure there are no cold or broken solder joints on the angle adapter.

Update...

I picked up some contact cleaner from the local radio shack and used the "business card technique" from mainbyte. All is good now!

While I was in there I cleaned up the old thermal paste and applied some new thermal paste.

Life is good..thanks for everyone who responded with advice.

Mike