IGNORED

New game released: Kobayashi Maru

CyranoJ

Reboot of Jagware are proud to present their latest freely-available game for the Atari Jaguar games console, written to utilise the new Raptor game engine.

Kobayashi Maru is our version of an arcade favourite from the early 80s. Use your rotary controller or regular Jaguar pad to steer your warpship in this arcade space shooter, battling countless drones and huge boss craft in ever-tougher waves of attack.

Featuring subtle use of the Jaguar's CRY graphics capabilities, background graphics blend together as you tear around in the upper atmosphere over 4 worlds. Head over to the Kobayashi Maru download page to obtain the full game in your favourite file format: BJL, ROM or CDI disc image. Have fun!

km1.png

• Like 13

Decent score.

The winner of the compo at ejagfest was Thorsten Günther with a score of 210,100, he won the big box copy of the game. CDi had a good go with 154,300. It was interesting to see people coming up with different ways to manage the bosses and how they played the game - some people preferred to mash the fire button instead of holding it down and one guy used his thumb on top of the Chaos Reins pad to spin it! made me think if there might be a better knob attachment for playing like that on a free-spinning rotary pad.

Just loaded this game on the Skunk, and it's awesome!

I only had one quick try, but then my kids took over, and are playing this game right now.

They are addicted already, they won't even let me play :)

The added rotary support is very, very nice, and even the rotary speed is adjustable.

I am using my hacked driving controller with the highest speed setting, and it works great this way.

Kudos to the Reboot team!

• Like 4

The added rotary support is very, very nice, and even the rotary speed is adjustable.

I am using my hacked driving controller with the highest speed setting, and it works great this way.

An extra reason for releasing this was to test the trim functionality before we release Rebooteroids. I'm happy to know it works! Thanks for playing :)

• Like 1

Decent score.

The winner of the compo at ejagfest was Thorsten Günther with a score of 210,100, he won the big box copy of the game. CDi had a good go with 154,300.

As I said: we Germans excel when it comes to shooting :).

I now am the proud owner of two copies of Kobayashi Maru, as I also purchased a small box copy prior to winning the big box - i.e. Blu-Ray case - one. And Time Pilot is a favourite of mine (along with Bosconian and Gyruss) from my childhood.

Thorsten

• Like 3

An extra reason for releasing this was to test the trim functionality before we release Rebooteroids. I'm happy to know it works! Thanks for playing :)

I must admit I like gameplay in Kobayashi Maru more then in Rebooteroids. Played both on ejagfest. But that's more dependent on the general gameplay. I don't like this stay and thrust gameplay like in asteroids. Time Pilot/ Kobayashi Maru playes more comfortable for me with the constant speed. But Rebooteroids look better with the nice SFX while shooting. :)