IGNORED

VBXE, Pre-Order thread...

sloopy

Evidently you cant log into AA with facebook anymore... Just redid my AA password so i am able to get on here again... Yes you can find me on irc, as i can have a window open to it via my droid, and at work...

Current state I have been looking for a place to live, been declined for 6 places already... just applied for another, and hopefully they will approve me as they are more lenient for people with poor credit...

The box to Euro-land, is sitting at my office waiting for me to go in so i can ship it... I have to go in tomorrow morning as there is problems with the power there, so I cant ship from there, but will be shipping from the PO on friday...

I had planned on saying more, but as is common in my life... my wife was just admitted into the hospital for a 'myocardial event' (they are thinking heart attack/stroke), i think she is trying to keep up with my mother who has been in the hospital 5 times since the beginnning of the summer...

again I apologize for the delays, I wish things were better as I seem to have no time for much, just rushing from one 'emergency' to another...

one of these days I am hoping to be able to sit and not have to worry about doing this or that, but sit down and 'play atari'...

sloopy.

The part where he was logged on here Last Active Sep 11 2012 2:59 AM

i wasnt 'here' I just had a tab open in FF with AA, when this machine was rebooted or shutdown and FF restored sessions it would show me as 'logged in'... I am only here now, cause MetalGuy66 reminded me I havnt given an update here in a while... hopefully soon I will have time to read AA again... but right now I am for the most part a single parent of 4 children...

and I will deff have the box in the post on fri, I dont really have a good excuse for it not being in the mail already, I just have been frazzled by all the stuff going on lately...

• 3 weeks later...

I want to let everyone on this thread know – I have sold my un-built VBXE and place in line to JakeLearns. I have faith that Sloopy will eventually deliver these, but in the interim, I have already sold all my XL-related gear, and will be moving forward in the A8 colleting hobby with just an Atari 800 and incognito board. Candle assures me that VBXE will be too hard to retrofit to that configuration.

I have cleared this with Sloopy and he has now replaced me on the build list with Jake.

Things have improved with the relations between me and my (soon to be ex) wife, and I wont be able to move out before Nov, so I will be resuming production of VBXE's.

I am waiting for my order of solder paste/flux to arrive as what i have has gone bad (its only good for 2-3 months), and had to order new... once it arrives I will resume VBXE production, and my son wants to learn soldering so I am going to have him start with sio2pc-usb's...

As for the other comments... no I dont need any parts, all parts (except the oversite by myself in my original orders) where ordered as the pre-orders came in, so having the components to build them was never an issue. Money for shipping was an issue for a short period, but i sold some personal stuff to cover this (this was an issue as mrs has poor money management skills and would ask for $20-40 for things needed in the home, and then spend $80-150), so shipping costs are not an issue...

as for my being on irc, and not coming here... yes, i am still occasionally on irc, but not like i used to be... used to be you could find me on irc most of the time from 9am to 2-3am local time, as I would be here in my office... since I have had to do alot more in my home for my family and such, I am barely there for 2-3 hours throughout the day, even while at work, or working at home I am not on there as much. and coming here while at work would be an ethics issue as a few mins on irc, as opposed to 10-20mins on AA are completely different...

I need to cut this short, as I just got a call to go see a house for rent... any questions just ask...

sloopy.

I have full faith in Sloopy to compete his orders for VBXE I have

met the man in person and I got a very good read of

him we all run into personal problems in are lives i'm sure

he will sort them out..

I would not have left my 600 to be modded out if I did not get

a good impression that he was a trust worthy person

this was almost a year ago the only thing that held it

up was me getting the money together for the VBXE..

post-30555-0-64129900-1313362773_thumb.gif

if it's going to help relax anybody, my experience with Sloop is also a positive one. A few months ago he ordered some stuff for me from a US dealer who charges big shipping fees to Canada, and I paid him the total cost of the purchase, nearly $300, so that he can reship the goods to me for a lesser amount than the dealer would have charged me. He was pretty busy at the time building VBXEs people have ordered, but he made the time to deal with my shipment and I've got my goods. If he wasn't able to deal with VBXEs lately he must have had real trouble in his life. I am sure he will be back once he sorts his things out. He is a very nice guy as far as i can tell.

The only thing I can suggest as one of his friends is to be a bit more vocal about his situation and perhaps give more frequent updates about what is going on.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm sure that's true Marius - but I think we might know much of Sloopy's side of the story, and many of us are being patient for as long as we can stand it. But the months go by, without any word whatsoever of what is happening, or any evidence that Sloopy still exists. Soon we might need to decide whether we write off our orders and join the new list with Lotharek.

I am really hoping it works out, and really hoping I don't need to ask for a refund. But at the moment, Sloopy does not seem here to talk about it... so what do we do?

• Like 4

I have posted in the msg to the people who have pre-ordered with details... but for everyone else, basically I cant move out before late Jan, for the last 2+ weeks I have been cleaning/organizing my office so I can work on VXBE's again, and get them completed and out the door... later this week I will start working on them again, as i have gotten the mess on my desk and workbench from over a foot high to just under 3 inches high, and will be working on that today and a little tomorrow, but i dont expect to get alot done tomorrow as its the 21st adversary (anniversary?) of my 21st b-day...

only good thing I can say is the big project at work that has been taking most of my time is over, I have never been cared much for large projects at work that can get you fired myself... so I will have more time for other things.

also, I will be able to be on AA a bit more too, so you will see me here more then I have been...

sloopy.