IGNORED

Bandai SuperVision 8000

Rev

Yes, it's a bit expensive...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1306070997051?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=130607099705&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

He's my best contact for japanese stuff, i'm not so interested on it, especially at that price, but it's a great item...What do you think about the price???

Seems high to me but I have no reference point. For that price I would want a box. Looks like some bidder doesn't think it's too high.

Edited by cmart604

• 9 months later...

http://www.videogame...uper_vision.htm

Intellivision came out just like a year earlier than this.

And it only has 7 games! How hard would it be to collect them all.

79_Bandai_Super_Vision_8000_Hardware_2.jpg

it came out before the inty. this is why bandai distributes japanese intys. i am a newb to inty and knew this....
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is a 2 year old thread but more people need to know about the SuperVision 8000 becuase after all,it was the original intellivision(Intellivision fans look it up,the SuperVision 8000 came out before the Intellivision). Dhalsim_dance.gif

I remember this!

please, go bump more old cool threads, it is retro week here in the intv forums!

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this thread since I've just found out about this machine in the past fortnight and this is pretty much the only place that discussed the machine.

I've recently added support to z88dk for generating Supervision 8000 ROMs and am currently testing in Mame. However, it's always good to get confirmation that it actually works on the real hardware - does anyone own the real hardware and can create cartridges? If so, I'd really appreciate some validation. I can provide a ROM image of the DStar port shown below (it's fully functional with 25 levels)

Secondly, Mame limits the cartridge slot to 4k (I guess because all the available software is that size) - is it possible to load larger cartridges on the real hardware or are all the address lines not routed?

sv8000_dstar.png

• Like 1