IGNORED

Pac-man Update for Atari 8-bit

tep392

• 2 years later...

Wow, looks, sounds and feels very authentic!

I mean, as far as the Arcade version is considered.

Great work.

Funnily, I can't get the original Atari 800 Pac-Man to work with my SIDE2 for some reason. It starts loading, and then a black screen appears and remains.

Why is it funny? Well, I have the Pac-Man as a separate cartridge (in fact, my only cartridge for the Atari 800 XL), and that one works just fine. But I just can't seem to be able to figure out a way to make a version to work with my SIDE2, so I wouldn't have to always change the cartridge just for one game, heh.

Some kind of irony of fate, I suppose.. but man, Atari 800 XL is such a fun computer, I regret not owning one before!

• Like 2

• 4 years later...
On 7/9/2019 at 11:32 AM, _The Doctor__ said:

I wonder what the final final final bin and exe ended up being? Thanks for the bump.

I don't think I've made any changes since posting the last .bin in the first post back in 2014.  I did start working on an update of Ms. Pac-man, with the goal of doing the complete development on my 800.  Graphics design, coding, debugging.  The whole thing.  Unfortunately I've run out of spare time for coding projects.  I'd like to restart it sometime.  I did get maze art done, and managed to keep the aspect ratio very close to the arcade mazes.  They are not made wide to fit the available screen width. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, tjlazer said:

Is there an ATR or XEX of the game with the cool intro?  Or only the Atarimax version?

I'm pretty sure I posted an XEX here in the forums long ago, but I don't think it has the splash screen.  Could probably be done, but I don't have the time to revisit old games.  I would rather work on new ones.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AtariNerd said:

For some reason, I have a revision 2.0, which I grabbed from somewhere around here. Not sure if much different from the release in the first post. Maybe it was meant as a 5200-specific port. I have no way of testing it at the moment. 

PacManArcadeFinalV2.0.rom 128 kB · 4 downloads  

Thanks! I forgot I had started two threads at some point and forgot to update this one.  I've fixed it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...