IGNORED

Anyone interested in the Winter Knockout? Multi-HSC

zylon

Who would represent our 5200 in the multi-platform challenge, the brawl for it all?

We would play titles found on both 5200 and others on a weekly basis and lowest score is eliminated from further play to determine who is most worthy.

Games under consideration would be: Centipede, Frogger, Popeye, River raid, Beamrider, Dreadnaught Factor, Pacman, Pitfall, Defender, Pole Position, maybe others for the Championship rounds.

Last player standing would represent the 5200 and hopefully, knock INTV back down and show up that upstart 7800. :P ;) :-o

Each player signing up can select one game they'd like to play. Each player will be allowed to "skip" one game, but must declare this at the start of that round. This is to help avoid unfair elimination due to short collections. Each player can do this ONE TIME ONLY for the duration of the contest. Regardless, one player will be eliminated at each round's conclusion. lowest score gets eliminated. Not playing a game, unless on a bye, counts as a 0 score. No byes allowed when down to final 3 players. A game may be "passed" if all eligible players don't have or want to play it. We would then move to the next game on the list.

Each game has been assigned a random number between 1 & 13. The first member who signed up picks the first game by number. After that, the lowest surviving score picks the following game.

1st round has been selected and will be revealed Saturday, game will start Sunday. Best of luck to all and may our best be revealed.

Players:

JacobZu7zu7

peedenmark7

sdamon

Sonic R

Roadrunner

zylon

Cafeman

ahuffman

atariron82

Games to be played:

Ms Pacman

Pitfall

Beamrider

Frogger

Defender

River raid

Centipede

Pacman

Mario Bros

Dig Dug

Pole Position

Space Invaders

Super Cobra

Edited by zylon

I am interested in signing up!

of the games mentioned so far, I have them all…

I would be pleased to play Centipede (the 5200 version is one of my all time favorite games!)

I also wouldn't mind playing Frogger, as it's not popular on the 5200, but I enjoy it and play using the Wico keypad…

Edited by Sonic R

Looks like we have 4 players so far, 5 if I join in. No one has chosen a game they want for a round yet. :?

You have till the end of this week to sign up and choose your game. The HSC will continue to run in the meantime.

Edited by zylon

May I pick battlezone? if not I'll run with beamrider.

will this run simultaneously with our last few normal hsc rounds or are we ending season 4 and moving on to this prior to a new season 5's start?

Battlezone wasn't a regular release, so no. Picking protos and homebrews/conversions would create artificial losses for some players. I'd only allow them if everyone still alive for the round had them to play. I'll put you down for Beamrider as your choice.

This would run right alongside our normal HSC and be a separate entity. I'd like to get the 1st elimination round going for Sunday night. Rounds would run 1 full week.

Edited by zylon

will this run simultaneously with our last few normal hsc rounds or are we ending season 4 and moving on to this prior to a new season 5's start?

Battlezone wasn't a regular release, so no. Picking protos and homebrews/conversions would create artificial losses for some players. I'd only allow them if everyone still alive for the round had them to play. I'll put you down for Beamrider as your choice.

This would run right alongside our normal HSC and be a separate entity. I'd like to get the 1st elimination round going for Sunday night. Rounds would run 1 full week.

Bummmer on battlezone... So how will this work afte rthe first round ? that is we pick a game all over again ?

Bummmer on battlezone... So how will this work afte rthe first round ? that is we pick a game all over again ?

The way it will run, is that the game selected by the first player who signed up is the first round. The game each player selects is just a round they get to pick. Players may not necessarily "survive" to reach the round they chose a game for.

For instance, you chose beamrider and you were 2nd player to sign up. beamrider will now be the 2nd round whether you survive the 1st one or not.

Have no fear. Any and all rules/conditions will be posted by Saturday along with a clause for those with short collections. :)

Edited by zylon

One idea might be for zylon to shuffle the game choices in a hat, so noone knows which order we will play them in...?

I could do that if everyone wishes as I have no intention on winning this. the real randomness will be in what the winner will possibly face after they're done here.

Very well then. Choose 4 more games that had multi-platform release by Saturday so we will have ten titles and I will assign a number from 1-10 to them. Jacob will pick the 1st number and that will determine the first round. lowest surviving score will pick the next number. I'd suggest picking titles that got lots of participation as players are more likely to have them. :)

• Like 1