IGNORED

Reasonable price for a jaguar

metzger130

By the sound of it, the jaguar itself is worth the price but the CD really isn't. Only a few good games out there, but my question is about the homebrew games. I don't see any on here that are being sold so I'm not sure how they are sold. Are they mostly CD or Cartridge games? I plan on getting a regular jaguar system, but eventually getting a CD. Just was curious about the home brew area if it's cartridge mostly or cd mostly.

The homebrew scene is mostly on CD. There are some which you could download, burn, and play on your system without having to do any modding ie: http://reboot.atari.org/rbt/projects.html. But there are a few homebrews on cart such as Hyper Force, Soccer Kid and the Protector games. But those cart releases are few and far in between.

Everyone should experience Jaguar CD VLM atleast once. :) Battlemorph, Iron Soldier 2 and World Tour Racing are great games on CD. Blue Lightning isnt too bad nor is Vid Grid. Lots of people love Myst. hoverstrike CD isnt bad, Primal Rage is cool, Native Demo is cool. Gorf cool. Baldies meh. Highlander, if you are a masochist its cool. Painter CD is cool. Double feature, mathias games, reboot games. When you think about it there are a lot of cool reason to have Jag CD. :) Also think in 5-10 years it will only get more rare and more systems will be broken by people so ya.

But there are a few homebrews on cart such as Hyper Force, Soccer Kid and the Protector games. But those cart releases are few and far in between.
I wouldn't call them homebrews, as they're cancelled commercial games which have been acquired, finished and released commercially by Songbird.

Ah OK, I didn't know that. I knew they had done that with Total Carnage.

• 2 weeks later...

i scored my third system just the other week on the UK ebay, for just 19GBP and it come with 3games inc. DOOM, boxed and all. though postage to AUS near sent me broke, do any of them sellers asking millions for them sell any?

I was watching that one on eBay but I didn't bid.

I really want to get a Jaguar but I can never find them for a reasonable price once you add postage to Australia.

I really want to get a Jaguar but I can never find them for a reasonable price once you add postage to Australia.

yeah postage was near $100 but didn't mind paying that much since the console was cheap enough, i'll be throwing this one back on ebay tonight less the games it come with and the box, does come with checkered flag though, i'll send you a link if you like...?

yeah postage was near $100 but didn't mind paying that much since the console was cheap enough, i'll be throwing this one back on ebay tonight less the games it come with and the box, does come with checkered flag though, i'll send you a link if you like...?

I've already put in a bid on it. :)

I've already put in a bid on it. :)

good luck mate, hope you win it :)

good luck mate, hope you win it :)

I got outbid in the last few seconds! :_(

Oh well, I might get a Lynx instead and keep looking for a Jaguar.

yeah i seen that :_(

you might just have to bite the bullet on postage, i had also brought one from the Netherlands and it only cost me $40 to get it here, just keep hunting.

any particular lynx gear your after? i've got 4 working consoles 2 of each model been thinking about culling my excess gear down and since i've brought a flash cart for it i'll be getting rid of a fair few games also

let me know what you think

yeah i seen that :_(

you might just have to bite the bullet on postage, i had also brought one from the Netherlands and it only cost me $40 to get it here, just keep hunting.

any particular lynx gear your after? i've got 4 working consoles 2 of each model been thinking about culling my excess gear down and since i've brought a flash cart for it i'll be getting rid of a fair few games also

let me know what you think

I'll send you a PM about the Lynx.

Local store has this up: Atari Jaguar System + 4 games all complete in the original box - $125

How does that sound? I don't know what the games are unfortunately, that is the only bad thing.

Might be reasonable provided the system is in the box as well, and depending on what games are included with it.