IGNORED

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Alternate Version - Now with Pics and Video

Also - Probably doing a regular release as well. It will have a totally different picture - and be just cart this time. Mancave is in the busy time of his year - but a box and manual will probably be made by him to match the regular release.

Probable label pic

61-Leatherface.jpg?height=400&width=320

One more thing - Looking for another project to put out in the next year or so. How about a Nightmare on elm street?... along the lines of the awesome "army of darkness" that was released not too long ago here. I don't know - just looking for ideas.

thanks everyone.

Edited by allhallowseve2000
  • Like 1

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2808817695121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=280881769512&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Umm... is this a copy of the game being sold here? I didn't read this entire thread, but when I saw this on eBay I thought it would be worth possilbly looking a bit toolish to point this out of people were unaware and this was someone trying to pull something over on folks.

I received mine today. I'm thrilled. It's wonderful to such an unusual piece of Atari history in my collection, and I'm very happy to have it. The game's fun, the box was well-done, and it was securely packaged. Many, many thanks!

However... I do need to note one thing:

TCMCartLabel7.jpg?height=400&width=338

No offense, of course... but hopefully you'll correct the spelling of "Massacre" on the label before these go to print!

Thanks again... I'm looking forward to this!

Lol - good catch. I was busy looking at the pretty colors - didn't notice that.

It's a minor, minor deal... but the copy I received ended up with the "Masacre" misspelling on the front label as well as the end label. That was rather surprising.

Still... It's a great piece, and I'm very pleased to have it. Thank you again!

Yes - If anyone wants me to email them an image of the corrected label, P.M me. I thought I had deleted the old label, so didn't think to double check (my fault). And yes...if anyone is interested in doing the regular release of it let me know. I'm just a little burnt out from stuff. I still plan on doing it if nobody is interested - but just wanted to put it out there.

Thanks Everyone

So you own the actual rights to the code also and not just the proto?

You are bidding on the rights to the programming code. Upon completion of the auction - you will be sent the original program code, and I can assist you with anything you need help with (I have several connections in the atari 2600 community). The original proto has been sold - but we have an agreement that I retain rights to release the game.

Woah, thats impressive. Is there a story somewhere about how you did this? That must have been quite a journey, most people just find the proto and make repro's but owning the actual rights to the code must have been a TON of work...

I don't own the code - It wasn't programmed by me - A finder or purchaser of a proto (myself) is usually able to do with it as they please. I sold the original proto, but have an agreement to do both a special edition and regular release. I'm just saying that if anyone wants something fun to do - they have an an opportunity to release their own regular release version of the game :)

If not - no worries, I will do a regular release as well.

Don't shit on this thread. I thought I explained it above - A buyer/finder of the proto can do whatever he/she pleases with it. I just didn't want to take anything away from the programmer. If you want to try the difficult task of searching out an unreleased game and getting it...let me see how you do. Oh wait, you can't. You spent all of your money on a $800 out of control. Genius!

I'm very impressed by the quality of this production. The box, cart, artwork, and manual are really professionally done. I'm looking forward to A Nightmare on Elm Street or whatever your next project is (hopefully it will be based on a horror movie :) )!

Don't shit on this thread. I thought I explained it above - A buyer/finder of the proto can do whatever he/she pleases with it. I just didn't want to take anything away from the programmer. If you want to try the difficult task of searching out an unreleased game and getting it...let me see how you do. Oh wait, you can't. You spent all of your money on a $800 out of control. Genius!

I'm sure the owners or TCM and Halloween disagree with you logic