IGNORED

Pac Man Collection Pokey with small dots..is it possible?(attn: PacManPlus)

Defender_2600

15 hours ago, Tocf1777 said:

i shared the hack to pacman plus see the graphic hack to be like, an unofficial update of this fantastic homebrew so, don't take project all too serious

No, you are not affiliated with the project at all so calling it any update of any sort in any capacity is not in good faith. It's nice you made that for your own tastes but it has nothing to do with nor is it in any affiliation with Bob as the programmer or Albert as the distributor. You made some unauthorized changes and presented a hack which is the full extent of it. It's not very nice to say it's an update because for all reasons listed above, it's not. I'm personal friends with those parties who have programmed and produced this title so I am a bit defensive on this matter I do admit. This is something to be taken seriously and suggesting less is a disservice to those that made it possible for you to have this game in the first place.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

No, you are not affiliated with the project at all so calling it any update of any sort in any capacity is not in good faith. It's nice you made that for your own tastes but it has nothing to do with nor is it in any affiliation with Bob as the programmer or Albert as the distributor. You made some unauthorized changes and presented a hack which is the full extent of it. It's not very nice to say it's an update because for all reasons listed above, it's not. I'm personal friends with those parties who have programmed and produced this title so I am a bit defensive on this matter I do admit. This is something to be taken seriously and suggesting less is a disservice to those that made it possible for you to have this game in the first place.

i think the project will be and end sadly no more updates at least at the time being, this wasn't intentionally hto harm anyone, but tdue to many things, it ended up like that, so im' here to say sorry for everyone, that wasn't nice,i will only updade if i get permission do do it so

~tocf

Edited by Tocf1777

i'm making this post to explain this mess that i created

Initialy, i make this rom hack, just for fun

i posted the screenshots online and 125scratch gave me support to the project

when i posted this hack on atari age, i wasn't expecting to be such a mess, i think is one of the worst mistakes of my life, and i will call the project an temporaly end, i will ONLY go back and work into the project if:

-Bob gives the permission to do so

-Maybe taken as an fan comunity project (but i'm not confident for this idea)

a giant note here, this project wans't that ANY shape or form of the original theme, this hack is an fan mod and i badly explained about this project in previos posts.

this is a big sorry to everyone that seen, and let's hope that dosen't hapen again

~tocf

Edited by Tocf1777

17 hours ago, Tocf1777 said:

Just a question, maybe this rom hack that i made could be a community project, becaUse not only see diferent ideas but add some fetures as well, i'm just making a queston so don't take it too serious, (also it would be nice to see Bob here)

~tocf

7800 SD Flashcart... so we can play your hacks. Need an audience to begin with. Else, who cares?

7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart.

Nobody asked for Pac-Man Collection to be hacked or modified. But many people are asking for 7800 SD Flashcart.

Please write software for 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart. 7800 SD Flashcart.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Defender_2600 said:

A "pixel artist" who made a "collage" hack "borrowing" all the sprites from previous 7800 / Atari 8-Bit / 2600 versions. Congratulations.

being honest here, the only sprite hat was heavely inspired is he pacman fruit points and the ghost scores, everthing else is pretty much original, even though some sprites ar similar than the others, and of course the edits

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Tocf1777 said:

being honest here, the only sprite hat was heavely inspired is he pacman fruit points and the ghost scores, everthing else is pretty much original, even though some sprites ar similar than the others, and of course the edits

Honestly, replace << was heavely inspired >> with  << was copied and pasted >> and << is pretty much original >> with << has been copied and pasted with a pair of pixels retouched >>.

Please, don't force me to show you comparative images. I don't want to waste my time and I don't want to further derail the discussion. I welcomed you with kindness and without prejudice, at least you try to be honest.

41 minutes ago, zzip said:

I'm laughing here at the irony because the whole project is an unauthorized clone of Pac-man in the first place

Without commenting on the morality of the situation only the use of the characters and names is unauthorized in Pac Man Collection in most of the world.

The gameplay cannot be legally protected these days despite the early lawsuits, but the implementation of the game including the code, rendition of the music and sound, and adaption of the graphics do belong to Bob. Therefore anyone modifying or redistributing those assets should seek permission first.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zzip said:

I'm laughing here at the irony because the whole project is an unauthorized clone of Pac-man in the first place

The authorization has been requested several times and by any means but without getting an answer. This tacit tolerance is good for our community so as an AA user you will understand that making noise on this topic can damage the whole community. The plan of the speech was completely different referring to a more loyal approach towards one of the greatest and most generous developers we have here on AA. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 1

im posting a versio of the last update as an ips patch to not have any legal touble and the old links will be taken down or replaced as an ips patch, if still bother i can ealy take it down:

if someone knows how break the atachment files let me know because i can't edit the post anymore

1 hour ago, 125scratch said:

Well I guess I'll just post this IPS patch which includes some combinations of me and Tocf's changes, as well as things left alone. If you want me to take it down I will

Yesterday you wrote:

Edited yesterday at 04:44 AM by 125scratch
Deleted the rom files out of respect for PacManPlus.

I really appreciated it.

What has changed today?
Just to understand, how old are you?
I'm thinking that maybe we are dealing with children (I mean it seriously).
This isn't sharing, it's not fun for anyone.

I give you some advice, you can hack Ms. Pac-Man, there is a special section of the Forums,
you can express your creativity in respect of this community.
Forget Pac Man Collection.

48 minutes ago, Defender_2600 said:

Yesterday you wrote:

Edited yesterday at 04:44 AM by 125scratch
Deleted the rom files out of respect for PacManPlus.

I really appreciated it.

What has changed today?
Just to understand, how old are you?
I'm thinking that maybe we are dealing with children (I mean it seriously).
This isn't sharing, it's not fun for anyone.

I give you some advice, you can hack Ms. Pac-Man, there is a special section of the Forums,
you can express your creativity in respect of this community.
Forget Pac Man Collection.

I thought sharing the ROM file was the problem.

I'm 18.

I'll delete the IPS patch.