IGNORED

Kangaroo cheat?

Luc

Hello,

Does anyone know how to get infinite lives and/or time in Kangaroo using the built-in cheat options in Atari800Win Plus 4.0? After searching this forum, I found a link to a site which had an a8t cheat file, but unfortunately it's pretty useless because it completely messes up the graphics and removes the fruit.

Anyone have a better a8t file? Even only infinite lives would be great.

Thanks in advance.

In the same boat as you!! :)

Well, I decided to have a go at it myself and use the monitor to hunt down the cheat locations and I'm glad to say it wasn't so difficult after all. So here's what to do:

- Start the game

- Press F8 to get into the monitor

- Type "f ad6d ad6e ea" (without the quotes) to get infinite lives

- Type "f ad47 ad47 00" (without the quotes) to get infinite time

- Type "cont" to get back to emulation

- Now save the game using "Save State" in the File menu and you have a trained version of Kangaroo :-)

You can also use the Disable Collisions option in the Misc menu to walk right through the apples that are being thrown at you.

Enjoy!

Here's a few screenshots of Kangaroo you very rarely (if ever) get to see when playing a normal game with limited time. There's simply not enough time to collect all the fruits without losing one or more lives. So here's how it looks when you have infinite lives/time:

post-6829-0-82338500-1323333889_thumb.png

post-6829-0-74701000-1323333896_thumb.png

post-6829-0-15358000-1323333906_thumb.png

Edited by Luc

Does this version work on the XL?  I think the original version had a bug where it wouldn't.

Yes, I have played it on Atari800WinPlus 4.0 in XL/XE mode without any trouble. That's where I got the screenshots from.

@Oky2000: You're very welcome. I really wanted a trained version to be able to collect all the fruits in every round. That's just not possible with a normal game, especially on the advanced levels.

Edited by Luc

One last thing: when you select "Disable collisions" in the Misc menu in Atari800WinPlus and let the game run in attract mode, Kangaroo will punch away all the platform bearing monkeys on the third screen and then start punching baby Kangaroo incessantly.

Just thought this was funny. :)

post-6829-0-21601000-1323588571_thumb.png