IGNORED

Stella Adapter and CX-22 Trak Ball?

PFL

I've looked around and presume the answer to be no but I'm looking for an unequivocal answer. Does the Stella Adapter support Trak Ball usage through the Stella emulator?

I can't find any info stating that it does so I presume it can't. The flip-side is I can't find anything that explicitly states that.

There's probably a million threads on this subject but I seem to be rubbish at finding information on this site - there's a lot to trawl through!

Thanks for any help. :)

My understanding is that the Stelladaptor (and 2600-daptor) only supports joysticks, paddles, driving and booster-grip controllers. Any other input device that works in a 'weird' way isn't compatible. This definitely applies to keypad and light-gun controllers, and very likely to Trak Ball as well.

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I really want to try out Missile Command TB but I don't want to shell out for a cart and a Trak Ball without playing it first...

z26 has some support for it (using a mouse).

What's new in version (2.12)?

Added support for the three types of Atari Trak-Ball controllers, so that the Missile Command hacks can now be played.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured. I really want to try out Missile Command TB but I don't want to shell out for a cart and a Trak Ball without playing it first...

z26 has some support for it (using a mouse).

What's new in version (2.12)?

Added support for the three types of Atari Trak-Ball controllers, so that the Missile Command hacks can now be played.

Stella has the same support (for the 3 types of controllers).

Trakball mode acts like joystick mode, but the signals are interpreted differently -- see . I'd bet that it would just work, since the game is reading the joystick the same way. See http://www.atarimania.com/faq-atari-400-800-xl-xe-what-issues-surround-ntsc-vs-pal-versions-of-the-8-bit-atari_16.html, part 1.15 for the pinout in joystick vs CX22 trackball mode.

My understanding is that the Stelladaptor (and 2600-daptor) only supports joysticks, paddles, driving and booster-grip controllers.

I thought that stelladaptor didn't support booster grip?

Oops, I could be wrong on that. I'm only going by the code in Stella (there's Stelladaptor-specific code for joysticks, paddles, driving and booster-grip controllers). But since I don't actually have a booster-grip, I can't personally verify. I can verify for the other three, though.