IGNORED

ATARI 520 ST PRICE LIST?

Well, always glad to see software offered up for my fav platform, so thanks there.

But...with even with that in mind, that price for Ultima III is kinda high. I mean you

can grab this title, cracked and updated for hard drive use, for free across the 'net.

Don't get me wrong - you won't get the very cool manuals and docs or box, but still...

But...with even with that in mind, that price for Ultima III is kinda high. I mean you

can grab this title, cracked and updated for hard drive use, for free across the 'net.

I have to agree. When I looked at that listing and clicked on "see other items" I ended up laughing at the prices.

To the original poster - PLEASE - when these listings expire please honestly disclose what did NOT sell, because at those prices, not much will.

I always laugh when I see people start an auction at prices like $124. You almost always never get a buyer. How about you let the market dictate the price you should get? Especially in hard economic times like this. Start the auction at like $20 or something, or even $50 if you think its uber rare. Nobody is saying it's not worth much, as there could be a collector looking for Original Boxed Ultima software, etc. But then again it's not 2005 when everyone had so much expendible income! (Like I use to have, I was bidding away on all kinds of stuff back then!)

Edited by tjlazer

Yes we are a retro video game store in Westport, cT called Retro Games Plus so we understand pricing video games and the market. We also do a fair amount of online sales so we udnerstand that as well. The issue with the 520 st games was that we couldnt find any sort of list for rarity or pricing anywhere so we were shooting in the dark. The idea of a $20 auction sounds great if you were listing an Xbox 360 but not something scarce such as 520 st games.

TJLAZER - the listing you posted actually sold for $325 so it looks like that is not that far fetched sicne the defintion of value is what someone is willing to pay for it. I would suggest you do list your item for $300 + as it seems that is the market! Btw I have also sold 3 of the Atari games so far so they cant be that overpriced.

Edited by fortycal88

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...