IGNORED

Peritel boards

bombidragon

• 2 weeks later...

I Need to see how many I have, I wonder how much it would be to have the chinese reproduce these? RGB is popular right now.

that is a good idea, it looks pretty simple, should be fairly inexpensive to reproduce, maybe in a smaller form factor. Wonder if it would work on a 400/XL/xe¿

It appears the DIN8 connector was commonly used for Peritel before they standardized on the SCART/Euro connector, which became compulsory on all new television sets sold in France starting from January 1980.

The ZX Spectrum +3 also used the DIN8 and I came across the following instructions for building an SCART adapter cable for it. It should be possible to adapt to other connectors using the SCART pinout information but RGB output may require a 15MHz compatible monitor.

ZX Spectrum +3 Scart Lead.pdf

The Plot thickens. I Just realized I got my Atari 800 and 400 from the same guy and both of them have wood grain, screw down, cartridge doors made out of steel. I can't even find a picture of these things. All of the ones I have seen have plastic doors on hinges.

Will post pics later

Edited by bombidragon

Does this board provide RGB output or is it simply an adapter for the 8-pin standard? My (admittedly limited) understanding of peritel/SCART is that is has connections for composite video as well.

If this board can be cloned to provide an easy RGB output, this is pretty exciting.. Just seems too good to be true.

Does this board provide RGB output or is it simply an adapter for the 8-pin standard? My (admittedly limited) understanding of peritel/SCART is that is has connections for composite video as well.

If this board can be cloned to provide an easy RGB output, this is pretty exciting.. Just seems too good to be true.

Everyone assumes thats what it does. The pic's above should show you how to hook it up.

• 1 month later...