IGNORED

What's the deal with Star Castle 2600?

godzillajoe

Simmer down. The high price is only for the original prototype. Copies after that were more reasonably priced. Don't be gettin' silly.

photo-11623.jpg?_r=0

photo-11623.jpg?_r=0

photo-11623.jpg?_r=0

photo-11623.jpg?_r=0

photo-11623.jpg?_r=0

The only person that looks silly here is you.

Edited by Matthew
  • Like 1

Simmer down. The high price is only for the original prototype. Copies after that were more reasonably priced. Don't be gettin' silly.

Of course when the offer was originally pitched, there were no carts for us normal buyers. It was the only one in existence. The buyer could have kept it as a trophy and played keep-away, or dumped it and shared it with the world, or hell wiped his butt with it because he had an obscene fetish for expensive one-of-a-kind items.

• Like 1

I wonder if they are asking for $65536 for the "StarCastle Arcade" proto, since it is twice as good as your attempt. ;)

I'm sure you meant $131072, as StarCastle Arcade is four times the size as StarCastle 2600.

StarCastle Arcade is top notch, as stated years ago now, they are different games made with different motivations and constraints.

Thanks as always for the positive comment Matthew (aka Bowerick Wowbagger).

• Like 2

I'm sure you meant $131072, as StarCastle Arcade is four times the size as StarCastle 2600.

StarCastle Arcade is top notch, as stated years ago now, they are different games made with different motivations and constraints.

Thanks as always for the positive comment Matthew (aka .

Thanks for the ROM SolidCorp. :thumbsup:

That was quick. Too bad I slept in today... :P

Sorry man! When I logged in that day I wasn't even planning on trying to sell it, though I've been meaning to get rid of it for awhile. Then I saw this thread had been bumped, so I figured I'd throw it out there. It's going to a good owner, that I'm sure will appreciate it. I'm surprised you didn't already own it!

Sorry man! When I logged in that day I wasn't even planning on trying to sell it, though I've been meaning to get rid of it for awhile. Then I saw this thread had been bumped, so I figured I'd throw it out there. It's going to a good owner, that I'm sure will appreciate it. I'm surprised you didn't already own it!

I only first started collecting Atari in May 2012, right around the time the Kickstarter ended. Believe me, I would have backed it had come out later...

I only first started collecting Atari in May 2012, right around the time the Kickstarter ended. Believe me, I would have backed it had come out later...

Wow, I guess when you fell for the VCS, you fell HARD! Yeah I didn't make it in time for the KSC either. I got ahold of Scott and he was cool enough to let me in on one of the last available copies. Unfortunately we has some issues (both of our faults tbqh), and misunderstandings. So I really had "bad vibes" towards the cart, and didn't even enjoy seeing it, or playing the game. That's the reason I essentially sold it for $50...just to get rid of it, and get it in the hands of somebody who would actually enjoy it. I know with patience I probably could have gotten at least $150 for it, but money is FAR from my list of things I regard highly in this life.

Edited by MadZiontist
  • Like 1

Wow, I guess when you fell for the VCS, you fell HARD! Yeah I didn't make it in time for the KSC either. I got ahold of Scott and he was cool enough to let me in on one of the last available copies. Unfortunately we has some issues (both of our faults tbqh), and misunderstandings. So I really had "bad vibes" towards the cart, and didn't even enjoy seeing it, or playing the game. That's the reason I essentially sold it for $50...just to get rid of it, and get it in the hands of somebody who would actually enjoy it. I know with patience I probably could have gotten at least $150 for it, but money is FAR from my list of things I regard highly in this life.

Nice to see a great atari collector being reasonable. Very few people like you left in this often greedy money driven hobby.

To me actions like that deserve collector of the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1