IGNORED

Monter Hunter Tri, GoldenEye

Skarrj

Picked up Monster Hunter Tri, but was hoping to find some opinions on it. Never played a Monster Hunter before...

Its an intersting game, it has alot more depth than appears on the surface. I want to do some multiplayer but dont want to jump in with some of the people that have been playing since it came out

So is it best to play online? Is the single-player still good?

And what exactly is Monster Hunter? Is it like Pokemon for adults? (gotta kill em all)

No, not at all like pokemon and not a kids game. I haven tplayed online yet, but the single player is good. You complete missions that consist of fetching mushrooms to start with, and progress to taking down some huge sea monsters later on. You have to be pretty tactical in how you battle some of the creatures and have a good gameplan, because they are some SOBs later in the game. The online seams to pretty really good from what I gather from others though.

Edited by Skarrj

I played Monster Hunter Tri back when it was released. While I loved it at the time, it hadn't changed enough from older installments and after a couple of months of playing I hadn't picked it back up. It's a fresh experience for newcomers to the series so I'd highly suggest it despite its staleness for me.

Monster Hunter has very little in common with Shadow of the Colossus. While you fight huge beasts, you won't be climbing all over their pubic hairs and stabbing them in the spleen. Monster Hunter keeps you on the ground, chopping away at whatever parts of the monster you can reach (usually the foot, the belly, the head sometimes, it also depends on the weapon you're using),

Its overall game structure is very straightforward. If you've ever played one of those MMO-Lites that just have you running the same quests ad nauseum for phat lewts, MH is an evolution of that concept: It focuses more on fighting the boss, hunting/gathering takes the place of barrel smashing and looting corpses, and the action is waaaaay more actiony. And drinking potions just isn't something you can do when a big wyvern is charging at you. Also, you get bonuses for attacking certain parts of certain enemie,s like chopping off their tails or breaking their horns or beaks.

I agree that Goldeneye is a must have. I would suggest buying the version with the gold controller since it can be used with other games and gives you another option to play. The Walmart in my area had it bundled with a t-shirt if that interests you any. I've played it online a few times so far only with the gold controller and thoroughly enjoyed it. At times it can be hectic, those mines can be annoying, but I doubt it will anger you as much as a Call of Duty game. It's slightly slower paced, which is a good thing in my eyes.

I agree that Goldeneye is a must have. I would suggest buying the version with the gold controller since it can be used with other games and gives you another option to play. The Walmart in my area had it bundled with a t-shirt if that interests you any. I've played it online a few times so far only with the gold controller and thoroughly enjoyed it. At times it can be hectic, those mines can be annoying, but I doubt it will anger you as much as a Call of Duty game. It's slightly slower paced, which is a good thing in my eyes.

Lets play some TDM, i havent been on in a while

I've got both games but I haven't really had the time to play either of them extensively enough, so I would be starting out with the online stuff. But it may be a little while since I'm probably going to have to send in my Wii to get a repair job done on it (posted about it in another thread I created so details are there).

Once that's done though I might try it out.

I've got both games but I haven't really had the time to play either of them extensively enough, so I would be starting out with the online stuff. But it may be a little while since I'm probably going to have to send in my Wii to get a repair job done on it (posted about it in another thread I created so details are there).

Once that's done though I might try it out.

Do it, online community in goldeneye is still pretty large.