IGNORED

CollectorVision 2012 projects for the CV 30th Anniversary

retroillucid

For January 2012, I'll first ship all copies of Way of the Exploding Foot, Aramageddon and A.E

Then will start pre-order for Burn Rubber, Side Trak, Chess Challenger and Zombie Near

Then in February, I'm going to release my own top secret special 30th anniversary project

This project will serve to funds the HUGE amount of money for having my own cv cartridge mold

Yep, a cartridge mold since I'm running VERY LOW of cart shells

The special 30th anniversary project will contain 2X games cartridges in one beautifull box for this special occasion. These 2 exclusively made games will be only avalaible in this package and will be limited to only 30 copies

Spring 2012 will mark the release of the Arcade Quality Controller, I'll have the FINAL prototype made in January/February ....... and as soon as it will be made, I'll be more than happy to show some shots of the unit itself ...

The final design of PCB are done and they are now in production

The rest of the year? .... humm... too early now, but one thing is sure though: More and more colecovision goodness to come! ;) :D

Cheers and have great holidays all! .... (ok, I know I'm early, but better sooner than never ;) )

J-F

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 2

For January 2012, I'll first ship all copies of Way of the Exploding Foot, Aramageddon and A.E

Then will start pre-order for Burn Rubber, Side Trak, Chess Challenger and Zombie Near

Dude, you're on fire! :D Was the CPU chess player programmed from scratch for Chess Challenger, or did the programmer borrow code and algorithms from another chess game? Just curious. :)

Then in February, I'm going to release my own top secret special 30th anniversary project

This project will serve to funds the HUGE amount of money for having my own cv cartridge mold

Yep, a cartridge mold since I'm running VERY LOW of cart shells

The special 30th anniversary project will contain 2X games cartridges in one beautifull box for this special occasion. These 2 exclusively made games will be only avalaible in this package and will be limited to only 30 copies

Only 30 copies? To help fund the mold? How much are you going to sell your twin-pack of carts? 500$ each????

Spring 2012 will mark the release of the Arcade Quality Controller, I'll have the FINAL prototype made in January/February ....... and as soon as it will be made, I'll be more than happy to show some shots of the unit itself ...

The final design of PCB are done and they are now in production

That's great news! :D

The rest of the year? .... humm... too early now, but one thing is sure though: More and more colecovision goodness to come! ;) :D

Well, Lode Runner is a given. Lock' n Chase is another one, if the music ever gets completed... Beyond that, perhaps youki will have something for us before the end of the year. ;)

(ok, I know I'm early, but better sooner than never ;) )

Huh, what??? :? :P

Only 30 copies? To help fund the mold? How much are you going to sell your twin-pack of carts? 500$ each????

Nah, they'll be for auction

These will be made to help to fund the mold .... they'll not cover the whole big amount of money

One thing I can say, the second game is a clone made from a very popular and fun arcade game .... (Ok enough for now ;) )

Sounds exciting! Now, if you can just get Toys R Us to put all your stuff in a display case, it would almost feel like 1982 again!

:lol:

One thing I'm considering since I visited Coleco Montreal Building , is ask the owner(s) to be able to display my Coleco Collection there so people could visit and enjoy at the same time an ex Coleco Buillding

That Montreal building is HUGE and there's more than enough space there to make a Coleco Museum

A very little display is show but there's about 10 items in there :| .... nothing much amazing

Anyway..... that's a dream..... hopefully become a reality ;) :D

eh eh ..... did I mentioned that I started to write a Coleco book back early this summer? ;) ( Pixelboy, you're right, I'm still on fire! .... Slowly on fire though ;)

I wrote about 10 pages, so nothing to abitious for now, but I'm not going to write a book (in english btw) in just few months! ..... trust me, I would LOVE to get that book ready for the 30th Anniversary but that's simply impossible... unless a bunch of people help me out... but even then, it'll take alot of time to achieve

But...... it's in the pipe! :D

Edited by retroillucid

Here's the box art for the 30th Anniversary Top Secret project ..... Man!, I'm such a teaser! :P

Seriously, If I did not get the cartridge mold made in the next FEW months, I'll be forced to quit publishing CV games .... and believe me!, this is NOT something I want! :(

But let's face it, no shells, no more games.....

But, I'm positive about getting the cart mold being made, as long as people get in touch with my 30th Anniversary Special Games!

I really put all my hope in this project to be able to have the mold being made

I had some talks with Pixelboy and the cart mold should cost me around $6000

That's a whole lot of money and I can't trow all that money for a mold all by myself.... that would simply be insane! .. ................. and my wife would probably cutt off my head :skull: ....... and my 15 months old son would be like....... what is this father? ..

post-11933-0-70478400-1323752477_thumb.png

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 2

Am I the only one, who thinks it is a bit sad that most of the people, meincluded,, wont be able to get the 30th anniversary box set,,,,I understand that you have to finance the cart productions...but there are other ways, what about 2 editions, one at a fixed price and another one, more deluxe at auctions? so more people can get this item?

Most of the Atariage programmers offer the roms for free, but it doesnt happen so much in Intellivision and Colecovision communities, thats their/your choice of course, but at least try to offer an item to more people, than to make it a selected few....

my thoughts....thanks for reading....

this box looks like a rip off smb wii edition box

6000 $ fpr a cart mold dammm expensive have you ever though going the taiwan way

Believe me, when you do something as technical and expensive as a metal mold used for making plastics parts, you don't want to rely on a long-distance business relationship, unless you can supply a precise CAD file of the mold. You want to be able to talk to the people involved face to face whenever it's needed, if only to avoid misunderstandings.

Yes, making a mold in Canada will likely be more expensive than having it done in another country (like China or Brazil), but then again, we should support canadian business whenever possible. ;)

• Like 1

From my previous post, people could think I am bitter

Nah, no worries Laurent, I hear you....

I know how you feel about the 30th project, but keep in mind that I really need to fund that damn cart mold

So, having 2 exclusively games would surely help to boost sales

Well if you propose 60 copies at $100, you have your cart mold financed...and that doubled the number of people that can get the 30th project...+ no ebay involvment, always better....

• Like 1