IGNORED

Bug Ridden Scrolls V: Cryin (Tell us your Glitches)

Gemintronic

I received the PS3 version for Christmas and I've heard all about the memory cache slowdowns and problems specific to that version of the game. Has it been patched yet, and are a whole lot of ps3 players having these problems to begin with? I won't know how my system holds up for a couple of weeks, because I'm down with my parents for the holidays. If all else fails, I got RAGE for Christmas too!

Here is something that is weird. To the left of Whiterun Stables (on the map), there are 5 copies of Louis Letrush. One in the middle, who is down in the ground almost up to his belly button, and the other 4 standing around him normally.

Here is something that is weird. To the left of Whiterun Stables (on the map), there are 5 copies of Louis Letrush. One in the middle, who is down in the ground almost up to his belly button, and the other 4 standing around him normally.

This was one I was going to post and had a game saved right when i discovered it, but then accidently over wrote. I think I only had three Louis Letrush's, but yes one was waist deep in the road!!

So it wasn't just me.

Weird is right.

Louis Letrush seems to be a man with many lives. First time I saw him he was killed by a thug. Second time I saw him was alive and kicking, running for his dear life with no one following..

Further weirdness includes a bunny trapped underwater ramming himself up against a ship. An NPC let me continually pickpocket them even after failing several times without going agro. Oh, and I got stuck between 2 beds in Riften Jail. Fortunatly, I hadn't started the Dark Brotherhood quests so I slept and...

I have this game for 360, and I'm STILL getting the texture glitch after the patch. What gives?

Uninstall from your hd, clear your cache...hope for the best.

Sorry I don't know all the terms and such, what does clear your cache mean? Delete my saved games?

EDIT: NVM, Google is my friend lol. Thanks for the tip! Question though, when I reinstall game, will the problem go away?

Edited by Ryanw

I ran into a building (had some strong vampire dude in it, almost a half screen over from Whiterun) and there was two dragons, one ran like a bitch (like he didn't see me or soemthing) and the other just sat there letting me peg it with arrows, till I nearly had it dead, and then went to flopping like a fish and the game started chugging around 4 frames per second. Yeah, lots of glitch stuff happened there, I thought the game had crashed, but I loaded a save and it went away....well, all the glitches did, except the dragon still flopping like a fish out of water LOL :P

I've been doing a LOT of exploring in this game, I mean, the save says I've dumped 160 hours into it, and I've only done like 2 or 3 main quests, and one thieves guild quest. No ohters. But I've run into a lot of sidequests I cannot complete because I had long since cleared out the dungeon they want me to go to, so their stuff is gone. (I thought dungeons were supposed to repopulate?) That's the most common problem I run into.

Of course, there's the leveling thing which I considerr a glitch. I mean, I expect the enemies to level with you, so you don't just go wipe your ass with them or something. I don't expect my one hit kill weapons to all of a sudden go to a 20 hit kill and me to get killed in only one or two hits ever time I level up though....even with legendary weapons and armor, and a highe enough armor and weapon rating to have all the multipliers unlocked.

Oh, and why no silver weapons? I have one silver sword I got from a cave full of wearwolves, but there is no option to upgrade it (despite there being silver ingots and ore) and no option to make them at all, and I have ALL the armory perks unlocked. Light dragon armor for me, upgrading it as soon as I max out my enchantment and get a few more maxed black soul gems.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found platters work best for passing through walls.

Besides Mercer the Priest of Arkay in Markarth can be an extra companion (as long as you DON"T complete their quests). The Priest of Arkay can be convinced to pick up items by repeatedly attempting to click on him. Eventually the cursor will change to the "tell me what to do" icon and you can have him pick up gear and weapons. If you fast travel he will optimize his gear based on what you had him pick up.

I've also successfully generated free glass arrows by placing one arrow into each chest in the Thieves Guild and each character that practices shooting with bows. They'll start shooting glass arrows into the targets.

I received the PS3 version for Christmas and I've heard all about the memory cache slowdowns and problems specific to that version of the game. Has it been patched yet, and are a whole lot of ps3 players having these problems to begin with? I won't know how my system holds up for a couple of weeks, because I'm down with my parents for the holidays. If all else fails, I got RAGE for Christmas too!

If you haven't opened it yet, don't until patch 1.4 comes out (no assumptions that will fix it though...).

I did a little shill mission for the thieves guild (who I hate, but I figure if I become their boss, my inaction will slow them down :) ) - crept in, planted the item, crept out. Now Vex is having a go at me because she reckons I murdered someone in there! I cant guarantee I didn't step on a couple of dust mites but that's all!

Stupid thieves guild. Serves me right for even visiting them.

• 4 weeks later...

I went looking for these posts, but couldn't remember where they were and searching didn't help because the words I used weren't in the posts. Maybe these words will help other people in the future when they search for the same thing:

Skyrim - Alduin - dragon leader - bad dragon - Skuldafn

Sovngarde - Nord Heaven - Nordic Heaven - muscle-bound dead dudes - sword-swinging ghost guys

bug - bugs - glitch - hidden area

*******possible spoiler for someone*********

I just found discovered a HUGE hidden area behind sovengarde. It is mostly unfinished but there are some strange monoliths . Landmass seems to go on forever. I think Morrowind had a similar area. I have some crude pics ill post up shortly.

I have not seen any other forums mention this spot yet.

IMG_20111224_184511.jpg

IMG_20111224_190002.jpg

th_VID_20111224_184524.jpg

If anyone want to try to get to this place, once you are in sovengarde, go left into the mountain instead of across the bridge. You have to do some straff mountain climbing till you are are far as you can go. Now climb down the hillside toward the water. Once you are in the water, swim as far away from solvengarde as you can, you will eventually come to a wall. There is a dip in the wall the will glitch and put you on top of the wall if you pass into it. From here you can explore this strange area. This was on the 360, so no need to use console commands.

Man oh man this game is buggy. I have had walls fail to load in Solitude and Whiterun which resulted in me running through them and then around a roughly texture mapped exterior landscape until I reached what I assume is the next to load area. At that point I fell off into the void.

I have had dragons not deteriorate after I have slain them, thus no soul absorbed. Aimee has absorbed a dragon's soul without killing the dragon and then the dragon's unkillable skeleton got up and flew about attacking indiscriminately.

I've had all kinds of people and animals load too high in the sky and come crashing down to their ugly, ugly deaths.

I have seen the Khajiit caravan camped outside Dawnstar with no actual camp, just all of them going about their routines with none of the dressing.

The skeleton of the first dragon you kill outside of Whiterun kept loading in different spots after I killed it and left the area. It was also always twitching until finally it came to rest on the ruined house near the keep. I have also had dragon skeletons drop on me from out of the sky as I ran along the path east of Winterhold.

Then of course there are the garden variety bugs mentioned above with people, horses and animals half in the ground. Deer and rabbits running around under water. I have hit a few places underwater where it wasn't programmed properly and instead I started falling toward the sea floor. Fortunately this was a localized phenomenon and the water soon resumed.

All good stuff.

The funniest has to be when I would get approached by a Khajiit thief and right after he attacks "never should have come here" he follows that with "may you walk on warm sands." A confused thief is a dead thief.

The only game ender I have encountered is after you complete the drinking contest (Night to Remember) quest. If you return to the dungeon where that quest culminates you can be transported back to the metaphysical realm with no way out since the last time you left you were transported out by another character. So if you return you are stuck there. Hope you have an old save file...

Doesn't mean I don't love the game still. The ridiculous load times bother me more than the glitches.

If anyone want to try to get to this place, once you are in sovengarde, go left into the mountain instead of across the bridge. You have to do some straff mountain climbing till you are are far as you can go. Now climb down the hillside toward the water. Once you are in the water, swim as far away from solvengarde as you can, you will eventually come to a wall. There is a dip in the wall the will glitch and put you on top of the wall if you pass into it. From here you can explore this strange area. This was on the 360, so no need to use console commands.

I went up that mountain just high enough to get around to the back of it, then walked for a minute or two until I found a fairly safe way down to the water. I kept the mountain on my left and swam until I got to the corner of it and that's where the strange land appeared. I swam around the corner to the left and kept going toward the front for a long time. That side of the mountain is really messed up.

The weird land was to my right, all in a straight line until it eventually curved and made a little 'cove.' I was able to use the bend in the land to jump up like you normally would when climbing and I was finally where I wanted to be.

From what I can see so far, the weird land looks like a bunch of connected strips of islands. I walked around to the font for a fairly long time. I reached one of those monolith-looking things and they are nothing but thin strips of what looks like land going up in the air and if you walk through one, most of it seems to disappear, but if you walk back the other way, it seems to come back. It's like you can only see it from certain angles.

Looking back at the mountain (behind where you start the level) looks even weirder than it does from the side. The weird land goes all the way up to the back of where you start (the back of the front :D ).

I walked around most of the official playfield and there doesn't seem to be any water on the back right side. Once you turn the corner and get around the back of the playfield again, there are two 'ponds.' Keep walking along the back and you'll hit the water I jumped in at the beginning. So the official playfield is surrounded by this weird area.

I went up that mountain just high enough to get around to the back of it, then walked for a minute or two until I found a fairly safe way down to the water. I kept the mountain on my left and swam until I got to the corner of it and that's where the strange land appeared. I swam around the corner to the left and kept going toward the front for a long time. That side of the mountain is really messed up.

The weird land was to my right, all in a straight line until it eventually curved and made a little 'cove.' I was able to use the bend in the land to jump up like you normally would when climbing and I was finally where I wanted to be.

From what I can see so far, the weird land looks like a bunch of connected strips of islands. I walked around to the font for a fairly long time. I reached one of those monolith-looking things and they are nothing but thin strips of what looks like land going up in the air and if you walk through one, most of it seems to disappear, but if you walk back the other way, it seems to come back. It's like you can only see it from certain angles.

Looking back at the mountain (behind where you start the level) looks even weirder than it does from the side. The weird land goes all the way up to the back of where you start (the back of the front :D ).

I walked around most of the official playfield and there doesn't seem to be any water on the back right side. Once you turn the corner and get around the back of the playfield again, there are two 'ponds.' Keep walking along the back and you'll hit the water I jumped in at the beginning. So the official playfield is surrounded by this weird area.

Hell yea, someone else got there too. I wonder what this area was intended to be. Maybe just leftover from practice renderings.

Someone mentioned not getting souls from dragons. You dont absorb a soul from every dragon . The dragon you find at burial mounds regenerate, but if you have already absorbed thier soul they do not give out another one.

Edited by Skarrj

• 2 weeks later...

I see this is mentioned on the Southfringe Sanctum page:

http://www.uesp.net/...hfringe_Sanctum

I went all the way in where Bashnag is. To the right of where he stands, between the arcane enchanter and the big treasure chest, I jumped up a few times on the rocks and saw a hole and dropped in and kind of fell into the 'void.' It looks a lot like the void area around Sovngarde. Wasn't expecting to find another void area, but while I'm there, I might as well walk around and see what I can see.

The area is kind of like an upside-down cardboard box with the flaps open. You can walk all around the official playfield area, but you can't go too far out without seeing the edge. If you walk off the edge, you'll either get stuck out in the blue or you'll die.

On the other side, there are a couple of small pyramid-like shapes. When I walk off the side in that area near the corner off into the blue void, a new rectangular section of ground appears, but walking off that either kills me or gets me stuck in the blue void. Someone with patience might be able to find some secret way to walk in that area beyond what seems possible.