IGNORED

Price Check on Primal Rage

Dragon Spirit

Kevincal's price for the longbox sounds about right so long as it's in perfect condition, I've seen boxed copies go much lower if they're a bit freyed.

Trifold I've seen go very low ($25-$40), although Jaguar prices can be a little volatile.

If you have a saturn or Playstation I'd highly recommend those versions though. The characters have been scaled down for earlier systems like the 3DO and Jaguar and don't have the same "giant prehistoric monster" look as the arcade version. Wish this game would see and XBLA/PSN release like Mortal Kombat did :(

The Jaguar port is a good one. It looks and sounds great. If you have never played Primal Rage in the arcades or the various home console ports, the controls might take some time to get used to. The special move combos require you to press and hold a few buttons and then press the D-Pad. Having a Pro Controller greatly enhances the experience.

I don't know how much this game usually sells for, as I am still relatively new to the Jaguar scene. However a few weeks ago, I was able to snag a Primal Rage with trifold case and manual along with seven other cased CD games in a lot for $50. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1606901390561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160690139056&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

• Like 1

Yep this game has become pretty hard to find at any price lately.

I checked all my on line sources and only found 2 sites showing available:

One on Ebay with a group of unopened Jag CDs for $500. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3603564210001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360356421000&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Two available on ECrater $65 no box and $90 with Big box. Link: http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?keywords=primal+rage&x=0&y=0

I know almost nothing about ECrater. Just noticed a few months ago they had Jag games so added them to my list.

The Jaguar port is a good one. It looks and sounds great. If you have never played Primal Rage in the arcades or the various home console ports, the controls might take some time to get used to. The special move combos require you to press and hold a few buttons and then press the D-Pad. Having a Pro Controller greatly enhances the experience.

I don't know how much this game usually sells for, as I am still relatively new to the Jaguar scene. However a few weeks ago, I was able to snag a Primal Rage with trifold case and manual along with seven other cased CD games in a lot for $50. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1606901390561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160690139056&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

i bid on that auction woulda bid more if i had more money :P it was a good deal for sure.

Yep this game has become pretty hard to find at any price lately.

I checked all my on line sources and only found 2 sites showing available:

One on Ebay with a group of unopened Jag CDs for $500. eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3603564210001?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=360356421000&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Two available on ECrater $65 no box and $90 with Big box. Link: http://www.ecrater.c...al+rage&x=0&y=0

I know almost nothing about ECrater. Just noticed a few months ago they had Jag games so added them to my list.

never even heard of ecrater looks like a few guys have their jag collection on there for sale.

I was very pleased with the outcome to that auction. I figured Primal Rage was worth at least $50 by itself considering it doesn't pop up much on eBay. I just got my CD attachment last month so I didn't have any CD games. Perfect timing for me, hehe. Sorry I beat you to it Kevin... but they will be played. :)

Edited by chany60126

Great info, much appreciated! I remember this game in the arcades back in the day. I just thought it was one of the coolest looking fighters with the nice big sprites, and the cool looking dinosaurs. Talon was my favorite fighter. I liked using his teleport maneuver and the tail hook move to reel enemies in.

Edited by Dragon Spirit