IGNORED

help/problems

Breno

I recently bought a jaguar with Iron soldier cartridge. It seems to be working fine, except that after a few minutes of playing, I didnt count bbut it feels like 15 or 20, it freezes/crashes. No sound, and the image disappear after a split second. I was hoping that somebody hear could help me out. Detail: I live in Brazil and bought a american jaguar through ebay. When it happens nothing seems wrong with the console like weird noises, glitches in the game, etc, and I cleaned the cartridge; so I think its not dirty, though I havent cleaned the console cartridge slot.

Dont know if there was a place to posto this, so i made a new topic, hope you dont mind.

I recently bought a jaguar with Iron soldier cartridge. It seems to be working fine, except that after a few minutes of playing, I didnt count bbut it feels like 15 or 20, it freezes/crashes. No sound, and the image disappear after a split second. I was hoping that somebody hear could help me out. Detail: I live in Brazil and bought a american jaguar through ebay. When it happens nothing seems wrong with the console like weird noises, glitches in the game, etc, and I cleaned the cartridge; so I think its not dirty, though I havent cleaned the console cartridge slot.

Dont know if there was a place to posto this, so i made a new topic, hope you dont mind.

You posted in the right place, but might want to make your font a little larger. My eyes are blurry after reading your post.

I've heard a credit card with tshirt over it or somthing very thing cloth wise with alcohol on it works good but ive never tried it myself. Dont put anything in the cart slot thats thicker than the actual cartridge connector thats being inserted or you could risk damaging the pins on the cartridge connector on the jaguar itself.

compressed air can also is a good start

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help. Since then i bought two games, wolfenstein and cybermorph, They both seem to be working pretty well so i guess the problem is with the iron soldier cartrige. Its a pitty since it seems to be one of the best on the jaguar. But i have another doubt: my jaguar and nes are imported, and get black and white images in my brazilian tv. Is there anyway i can get a color image?

after buying a few cheap (useless) signal converters I finally shelled out for an Atlona CDM-660 for my CD32 and it works reasonably well. If switches PAL > NTSC and NTSC > PAL. Might be worth looking into, but I have only used it to convert PAL to NTSC.

There may be a better method of converting NTSC to PAL though... that's just something that worked for me :)

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1

after buying a few cheap (useless) signal converters I finally shelled out for an Atlona CDM-660 for my CD32 and it works reasonably well. If switches PAL > NTSC and NTSC > PAL. Might be worth looking into, but I have only used it to convert PAL to NTSC.

There may be a better method of converting NTSC to PAL though... that's just something that worked for me :)

so, does it has rf in both the entry/exit of the signal, or I will need the composite or scar cables for this? it would end being very expensive, maybe more than buying an american tv hehe.

If some carts work and not others, then it is the carts that are the problem. Get some Q-tip type cotton swabs and clean solution. I see some folks recommending contact lens cleaner. I've always used rubbing alcohol and have had zero problems. Give the contacts a good cleaning and let the contact pins dry thoroughly before testing.

so, does it has rf in both the entry/exit of the signal, or I will need the composite or scar cables for this? it would end being very expensive, maybe more than buying an american tv hehe.
Oh, you're using the RF connector ? No wonder you're having problems then : the video standard used in Brazil is incompatible with NTSC used in the United States.

Besides, the RF output on the Jaguar is mediocre anyways. Even a composite video cable is much better.

Does your TV have a connector like this ?

scart-buchsen.jpg

Is this scart? No, it only has rf, its a old and small tv. But I just tried in my flat tv by LG using the rf unit and it worked, with full colors! problem is this tv is in the tv room so everybody uses it. When i want to play something someone comes and complaim that they want to watch cable tv. So im not sure if I should buy the jaguar cables or the transcoder or anything at all.

Unfort. it only has composite and S-video in/out. There are official and homebrew composite and s-video cables for the Jaguar, but like you said the cost is somewhat prohibitive to put everything together. I only bought the converter because, despite the cost, it was the cheapest and easiest way for me to convert several signal types to my TV (I have an amstrad GX4000, CD32 .etc).

Here is a close-up of the inputs/outputs. I'd recommend looking a little further into it (signal compatibility .etc) if it's something you are really interested in.

http://www.hdwise.co...s/D/CDM-660.jpg

Good to hear at least one of your TV's supports the Jag in color though :)

Edited by Willard